M&S on Lordship Lane

Callie

Natural rights are those that are not dependent on the laws, customs, or beliefs of any particular culture or government, and therefore universal and inalienable (i.e., rights that cannot be repealed or restrained by human laws). The concept of natural law is closely related to the concept of natural rights.

Sir Isaac Newton and Voltaire introduced the secularist view of the universe ... nature had endowed human beings with certain inalienable rights

Just Zebedee Tring trying to sound intellegent.. Lol..

DulwichFox

I actually only ever bought one product from Iceland - Ice! A complete bargain at ?1 compared to double that at Londis.

I just popped down to M&S for some cut-price Gordons (?11.20 for 0.7ltr) & M&S own brand tonic & thought would get some ice at the same time.. bet nobody can guess how much M&S are selling it for?

Zebedee Tring Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Sorry to use such difficult and challenging

> language but I thought that most people on the EDF

> could cope with it. Maybe I was wrong.

>

> "Inalienable" means a natural right that is yours

> forever and can?t be taken away.

Phew!

I think you'd have to fly over the pond to find an inalienable right (where it basically means, watch out if you are an ethnic minority as you are x10 more likely to go to prison).

Think that the rubbish brexit govt we have is going to give you a new version of that: but I'd look at the small print (and the wretched IP bill) before I got too excited.

Louisa: it is too easy to form equivalences as in 'all basically the same'. Now where have I heard that expression before? For example, have you tried the suitably post-brexit named Empire Pie? I really did like that (and it would go VERY well with a side dish of fresh mango (at only ?3.45 :-)). Of course, 'basically the same' as Iceland's Shepherd's Pie, not.

DulwichFox Wrote:

> Who buys Ice Cubes. ? If you have a Freezer make

> your own..

>

> If you don't have a freezer and buy a bag of ice

> cubes... How are you going to store them. ?

>

> Foxy..

I have a freezer that makes ice cubes.. about x1 ice cube every 20 mins - I use them far more quickly than that so storage isn't a problem. Anyway plenty of people must buy them otherwise major food retail outlets wouldn't sell them stupid! & btw I bought the last bag in M&S, the trained assistant said they'd had a bit of a run on them today, must be the unseasonal temp we are currently experiencing he politely retorted.

Going to be 30 plus degrees tomorrow so if they get any more in on early delivery I wouldn't mind betting they'll probably sell out rather quickly, especially at that price!

how much is ice in M&S? I'm curious. I bet they don't really sell it.

It would probably be the purest tap water, frozen quickly to maximise it's purity and icy-ness, and packaged in superfluous plastic which is neither recyclable or biodegradeable but the fact that it cost so much would make me think I'd got something really special.

Jules-and-Boo Wrote:

> how much is ice in M&S? I'm curious. I bet they

> don't really sell it.

>

> It would probably be the purest tap water, frozen

> quickly to maximise it's purity and icy-ness, and

> packaged in superfluous plastic which is neither

> recyclable or biodegradeable but the fact that it

> cost so much would make me think I'd got something

> really special.

hello Jules & Boo, fill thy boots with the attached.. tried to include the empty superfluous packaging in the pic although imo it was required to stop the ice cubes all just randomly joining together in the M&S frozen food section.

Kbabes, that really is the height of opulent behaviour. Buying ice from a supermarket, what a bizarre thing, I thought at first you were maybe sarcastically trolling, but the attached image above confirms my fears. Are you genuinely telling me you cannot make ice at home? You've paid a whole one pound sterling for a bag of frozen tap water! Unbelievable, I know to go and lay down.

Jaywalker, to me, a ready meal is a convenience. Full of salt and other horrible preservatives. They have their place, and I'm sure Marks use the 'finest' ingredients in their version, but ultimately it's still a ready meal. Hence my amazement that people are willing to pay over the odds for this crap, when you can get it in Iceland for a quid!

Louisa.

Louisa Wrote:

> Kbabes, that really is the height of opulent

> behaviour. Buying ice from a supermarket, what a

> bizarre thing, I thought at first you were maybe

> sarcastically trolling, but the attached image

> above confirms my fears. Are you genuinely telling

> me you cannot make ice at home? You've paid a

> whole one pound sterling for a bag of frozen tap

> water! Unbelievable, I know to go and lay down.

>

> Jaywalker, to me, a ready meal is a convenience.

> Full of salt and other horrible preservatives.

> They have their place, and I'm sure Marks use the

> 'finest' ingredients in their version, but

> ultimately it's still a ready meal. Hence my

> amazement that people are willing to pay over the

> odds for this crap, when you can get it in Iceland

> for a quid!

>

> Louisa.

Maybe I should be offended by your accusations of opulence although I'm absolutely not, I was originally pointing out the ridiculousness of this entire M&S thread.. I'm sorry but most of your posts tick far more bizarre boxes than mine.. I'd already explained that my domestic ice making machine couldn't keep up with my individual ice consumption requirement but maybe you hadn't had a chance to read that given the ridiculous amount of focus and replies this thread seems to have attracted so if you missed consider yourself forgiven!

& feel free to add punctuation where required.. just typing angrily!

Kbabes, I did miss your domestic ice making comment, and that throws up more questions than it answers. What on gods earth is an ice making machine? I must sound incredibly naive here, but I have always filled up plastic or rubber dice holders that sit inside the freezer, is that what you mean by ice making? Or are we talking about some device which can actively make frozen blocks of water? I am now baffled. Machines that 'make' ice, supermarkets that sell pre-frozen blocks of it for a quid! The mind boggles.

Louisa.

comment below if you can't be arsed to scroll back..

I have a freezer that makes ice cubes.. about x1 ice cube every 20 mins - I use them far more quickly than that so storage isn't a problem. Anyway plenty of people must buy them otherwise major food retail outlets wouldn't sell them stupid! & btw I bought the last bag in M&S, the trained assistant said they'd had a bit of a run on them today, must be the unseasonal temp we are currently experiencing he politely retorted.

& ice making machine normally called a freezer.. this can make frozen blocks of water commonly known as ice cubes.. I just remembered why I went to M&S for gin!!! your mind is obviously boggling so much you have no sense!!

I'm still confused kbabes, how does a freezer 'make' ice cubes? One every twenty minutes? What does that mean?

Why can't you invest on some ice trays that could make 20/30 cubes at a time which you could store in freezer bags whilst you make more. And I get accused of having no sense? Some people have more money than sense it seems, if they buy ice cubes from a supermarket at one squid a pop! I really have heard it all now!

Louisa.

Louisa Wrote:

>

> Overpriced ready meals. Don't quite understand why

> anyone would pay over the odds for food you can

> get elsewhere for those prices. I will concede on

> the iced lemon drizzle cake however, very nice.

>

I used to get ready meals from the Co-op at two for ?4 (ie ?2 each), for days when I couldn't be bothered to cook. Stuff like Shepherd's Pie.

Last week I bought three ready meals from M&S for ?10 (ie ?3.33 each).

The M&S meals were so extremely much nicer (not just slightly nicer) than the Co-op ones that despite the difference in price I shall be getting them from M&S in future, plus there's a much wider choice.

Oh and one of them was the Empire Pie, mentioned above, which I agree was absolutely delicious. And so was the prawn and chorizo risotto. Neither of which, I think you will find, can be bought in either Iceland or Lidl.

And their ?10 meal for two consisting of a main, side, dessert and bottle of wine is incredible value - not that I've tried it yet.