M&S on Lordship Lane

Callie

Straight croissants .. Crescent shaped croissants. Bent Bananas.. Straight bananas..

Perfect fruit veg.. whatever.. ?

..It may not be a perfect circle but it's a perfect whatever it is .. Buckminster Fuller.

Take a table and saw 2 inches off each leg..

Saw another 2 inches off each leg.. and again..

When does a Table become a Tray ???

Foxy..

Mange tout Rahrahrah, Mange tout..!

'Murkier depths of meaning surely reside here, too, which would have taken Eco?s eye to plumb. Doubtless some social historian, a century or so hence, will get a thesis out of examining how, on the very verge of the threatened ?Brexit??the exit of England, at least, from the European Community?the mass marketers of Britain ostentatiously rejected a form seen as so clearly French that it is a regular part of that ominously named ?Continental? breakfast. Adding an arbitrary national shape to an established one to attempt an entirely English croissant, that future scholar will argue, is an affirmation of refusing to be one with Europe. (The crescent, moreover, is the sign of the Islamic empire, and some damp, suspicious kinds will see meaning in that, too.)'

First trip to M&S today. Order and collect service is excellent, although one item of clothing still hasn't arrived, which isn't the fault of the store.

The range is typical for a Simply Food/Foodhall, although the bakery doesn't do the full range of cakes baked in-store, otherwise I was able to purchase what I'd normally get in a food hall inside a regular M&S.

While busy, there was no queue for the checkouts and self-service, although I found the self checkout very fiddly to use and needed help from the assistant.

I don't think M&S will be a flop in ED, there were still plenty of customers and the collection cupboards were full of online orders.

I think a week worth of the store being rammed and the shop hardly able to keep up with demand for stock suggests so. Even once things calm down a bit.

Louisa and Fox and just looking for something to moan about which is their right at their age I suppose...

Jeremy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Bic Basher Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I don't think M&S will be a flop in ED

>

> You don't say...

LondonMix Wrote:

> I think a week worth of the store being rammed and

> the shop hardly able to keep up with demand for

> stock suggests so. Even once things calm down a

> bit.

>

> Louisa and Fox and just looking for something to

> moan about which is their right at their age I

> suppose...

>

> Jeremy Wrote:

> -----

> > Bic Basher Wrote:

> >

>

> > -----

> > > I don't think M&S will be a flop in ED

> >

> > You don't say...

Am I moaning ??????

NO..

Then STFU..

I am getting so P'd of with this constant battering from people who:-

Do not know me.. Have never met me.. Have no idea what I am about..

What has my age got to do with anything.. ?? My mum used M&S in her 80's.

..and as for Louisa.. Lou is using the new store on a daily basis. So why have a go at her. ?

It is worth mentioning M&S confirms 525 job cuts and moves 400 staff out of central London.

They are struggling with their clothing outlets.

These new outlets are testing the water which come with a 'Get out of Jail Free' Clause.

I've used M&S for clothes all my life. so do not play the Anti M&S card on me..

Get a life..

D.F.

FOX here are your and Louisa's most recent moans about the store. Telling me to sfu and get a life because I've said you've both been negative is ridiculous and just makes you seem like the mean spirited person you insist you aren't.

Take your own advice...

FOX

The delivery vehichle for M&S was smaller than the usual Co-op delivery vehicles..

.. but still on main road and close to bus stop.

The rear access to the new store is simply impractical.

[PLAN AHEA]

D

No.. I have not ventured inside yet. I suppose I will at some time venture in but not in the slightest bit curious.

For what I've heard and read here, it sounds like an horendous experiance.

One I could do without..

Louisa

Been in again, found a really love cote du rhone which I will probably stick with my roast lamb today. Still disappointed at the scale of the place, it just lacks something other M&S branches seem to have. Can't put my finger on it.

It isn't as good as the Beckenham store on reflection. Staff not quite as clued up (yet) and stock levels low. Also, the range isn't anywhere near as good. Disappointing freezer section too and no deli counter. But then, Beckenham is naturally posh, and ED is, well.. I don't have to spell it out. It's ok. Nothing spectacular though. Some good wines.

That's not a moan.. I'ts an observation.. and a very valid one.

The same as others here have made comments on..

.. which you have not mentioned.. or had a go at..

You have just singled out Louisa and I for some strange obsession you seem to have.

Do you not have anything better to do ?

D.F.

Fox, I was responding to a comment someone else made about you both... On this entire 10 page thread this is first time I've even mentioned you I think. Stop with the paranoid disillusions of persecution directed at me.

Anyhow, one persons valid observation sounds like a moan to someone else. I said you have every right to make your comments even if they are moaning in my original post so how about you respect my right to my opinion and move on!

DulwichFox Wrote:

> LondonMix Wrote:

> -----

> > I think a week worth of the store being rammed

> and

> > the shop hardly able to keep up with demand for

> > stock suggests so. Even once things calm down

> a

> > bit.

> >

> > Louisa and Fox and just looking for something

> to

> > moan about which is their right at their age I

> > suppose...

> >

> > Jeremy Wrote:

> >

>

> > -----

> > > Bic Basher Wrote:

> > >

> >

>

> >

> > > -----

> > > > I don't think M&S will be a flop in ED

> > >

> > > You don't say...

>

> Am I moaning ??????

>

> NO..

>

> Then STFU..

>

> I am getting so P'd of with this constant

> battering from people who:-

>

> Do not know me.. Have never met me.. Have no idea

> what I am about..

> What has my age got to do with anything.. ?? My

> mum used M&S in her 80's.

>

> ..and as for Louisa.. Lou is using the new store

> on a daily basis. So why have a go at her. ?

>

> It is worth mentioning M&S confirms 525 job cuts

> and moves 400 staff out of central London.

> They are struggling with their clothing outlets.

> These new outlets are testing the water which come

> with a 'Get out of Jail Free' Clause.

>

> I've used M&S for clothes all my life. so do not

> play the Anti M&S card on me..

>

> Get a life..

>

> D.F.

There he goes, moaning again! Moan moan bloody moan, all that fox ever does is moan.

With respect to Foxy, it's yours and Louisa's posts which have stuck out as being anti-M&S, this despite Louisa's claims that she shops in the store daily. However I find it hard to believe what she says at times considering she was relegated to The Lounge for over a year.

Of course M&S like the Co-op and Sainsbury's aren't free of criticism, but it does seem relentless, considering the general attitude is that it's welcomed.

I went in yesterday. I thought the aisles were much bigger than expected, based upon above comments.

All products are nicely upmarket. Just that little bit of added extra thought in each one. Sorry if that all sounds a bit twee but I don't really go to MandS, so was very impressed.

Not sure how often ill go, but the little Sainsburys at the Library annoys me as its soooo basic, so might be going a lot.

London Mix....shame on you for "Louisa and Fox and just looking for something to moan about which is their right at their age I suppose.." I don't know their age but from things they have said suspect it is near to mine....and I don't moan. Moaning is nothing to do with age, if you moaned when you were young you will moan when you are old and vice versa.

DulwichFox Wrote:

> People on here would make Jesus Christ moan..

>

> D.F.

As Jesus saves he would probably go to Lidl or even the famous Iceland and not to Marks and Spencer so I think he wouldn't take part in this discussion.

treehugger Wrote:

> A circumflex is not a "sounded accent"; rather it

> indicates where an "s" used to be. Thus cout (with

> circumflex in the example given) has the same root

> as cost (which is its English translation).

Bloody hell, they never told us that in O level French :))