As a parent, what is the one thing that would make East Dulwich better?

well the one thing I think we need sounds like it's coming in the way of the Wishing Well revamp with babies/kids play area and the same at the Florence (know not strictly ED).

I'd be interested to see what parents of older children (eg primary school age and even teenagers) think the area lacks, as am clueless as to what their needs might be.

Interesting, very similar to the stuff I have been wishing for, and I wondered if I was just being 'greedy' given we have softplay in Peckham (personally 'Yuk' but....), cafes in the park etc....

But this is our 'ideal' world so we are allowed to be 'greedy' and unrealistic!

Will the ED Pool have any kind of baby pool etc following the revamp? I suspect not, but just wondered.

Molly

With regard to pool and softplay facilities, the following is from the consultation results paper for the Dulwich Leisure Ctr (http://planningonline.southwarksites.com/planningonline2/)

? Children and Cr?che

It is vital that children are encouraged to exercise from the earliest age and the Centre will provide dedicated classes and staff to work with children. We are considering how best to adapt the pool in order to provide a teaching area. Additionally, we would hope to provide soft play facilities and create a centre that is welcoming to children. We are also looking at the provision of a cr?che with extended hours so that parents and carers of younger children can take part in activities, knowing that their children are safe and usefully engaged.

I don't know what was included in the final design, but apparently this is available in the centre itself if anyone is interested.

-A

>

> How about less other parents, so you wouldn't have

> to worry about getting a school place?

>

> Sorry ;-)

Heheheh

I wouldn't mind a big indoor soft play that's clean (paid for, I don't mind) that has a large designated toddler area and a cafe with tables that all have a good view of the play area.

A lovely small independent cinema. Spent so many nice Friday mornings at Clapham picture house in baby club, and would love somewhere within walking distance with a good kids club on a Saturday/Sunday morning, keep persisting with Peckham but have had a couple of unpleasant experiences now. Brixton good but bus ride a pain.

OK - here's another one...a really lovely 'water play' feature of some sort even if it only runs in the very hottest part of the summer. There is one up in Matlock where my Mum lives and the children LOVE it.

Not sure if they are doing something at Goose Green, does anyone know?

I tried very hard to get one at Peckham, even got some funding for it, and I am told it will happen one day, but so far all they have done is decide the old pool was in the wrong place (too visible from the road, too exposed wind wise etc) so they filled it in. Sigh. I tried really hard but in the end my energy fizzled out...after about 3 years, so sorry for that one.... :-(

Molly, there is a paddling pool at the fantastic playground at Ruskin Park, which is lots of fun. Agree that a fancy one with fountains and things would be lovely though.

Cleaner pavements and parks would be nice.

Ruskin Park & Sydenham Wells are lovely, but it would be so much better to have one we could walk to. One of 'our own' In fact maybe we could have two - one for toddlers, one for big kids who can get a little 'over enthusiastic' and scare the little ones with their running & shouting to each other? Just dreaming of course . . . .

Also loved the small independent cinema suggestion, maybe it could double up as a small theatre too. Thinking along the lines of whachama-callit in Wimbledon.

sillywoman Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Ruskin Park & Sydenham Wells are lovely, but it

> would be so much better to have one we could walk

> to. One of 'our own'

Btw, is there any free parking for Ruskin Park? Is so, where?

pk Wrote:

>

> what is it that people don't like about peckham

> softplay?

I like it but no hot food in their cafe after school, pkus cafe closed Sundays (and Sat?) and parking is impossible... half the car park is empty didabled bays, the other half is full of cars of people not even in the Sports Centre!

I would really like a toy library - I think that I have posted on here before.

It is lovely to have some toys which have longevity or have sentimental value - but so many toys are short lived and are so PLASTIC that it would be nice to have a toy library to borrow from and to donate to.

Mrs Humm Wrote:

> I would really like a toy library - I think that I

> have posted on here before.

> It is lovely to have some toys which have

> longevity or have sentimental value - but so many

> toys are short lived and are so PLASTIC that it

> would be nice to have a toy library to borrow from

> and to donate to.

I thought there was one that came to the one o clock club one morning?

Fuschia Wrote:

> Btw, is there any free parking for Ruskin Park? Is

> so, where?

The road that runs North of the park is free - at the weekends at least - can't remember the name, but turn left from Denmark Hill, and first right.