The official 2010 World Cup thread

????

Since banning orders were imposed to stop known hooligans travelling abroad to watch England, the demographics of the travelling fanbase has changed a lot, we now have a bunch of middle class poncy Boo-ray Henrys following the team, they were probably pi**ed up on Pimms... Tarquin on Tour

I've already said how rubbish England were last night, but I would never boo them off the field like that, especially with one more very important game still to play...

Demographic change is down to a fundamental shift, prawn sandwich fed, soprano led metamorphosis of how the game is perceived, funded, marketed, advertised and appreciated. A couple of banning orders does not a cultural shift make. And as for only the middle class boo, seriously, fuck off.

???? Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Sooooo England weren't booed off the pitch against

> Morroco and Portugal in 1986 then RD?

>

> Do agree on the demographics though but there's

> always been plenty of booing.

I'm not against booing in principle Quids (free choice and all that) I just personally wouldn't do it...the timing of it last night stinks, we still have one more important game to go in the group, and it's obvious for whatever reason(s) confidence is low, so the 'fans' should be getting behind the team, if we get knocked out on Wednesday boo away if it makes you feel better.

Annasfield Wrote:

> So you'd boo them to inspire them for the next

> game?

>

> I watched some pretty dire football for much of

> last season and spent a fair wedge doing so. Every

> match I clapped my team off the pitch. I wouldn't

> contemplate anything else.

You spent a fair wedge being given something unacceptable, yet you carried on going back, saying nothing? More fool you.

Easties EL Wrote:

> what's the difference between booing and calling

> players sh** ****s or f***ing rubbish? It's the

> same thing right?

>

> All will be forgiven, if England beat Slovenia and

> go on to win the world cup.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

IF

The tiny word that can mean sooooo much

W♕♕F?

By Royaal? appointment

I feared another draw for England but never thought with such a cowardly performance. Algeria are a team who lost to Gambia for crikes sake in the qualifiers! England seem to to be loaded with a few egos whose heads are stuck up their arses, namely Gerrard and Rooney, where everything has to go through them at the expense of expansive team play.

It's up to individual fans whether they want to boo the players, maybe it'll help them pull their fingers out as Capello's team talks seem to have failed. If booing upsets some players then maybe these lambs (certainly not lions) do not have the bottle when the heat is really on to actually win this World Cup? Personally, I'd not be booing the England players off the pitch like that as instead I'd been too busy throwing custard pies at those clowns!

From Independent why Anelka has been sent home from SA : - L'Equipe sports daily claimed the Chelsea forward told Domenech to "go screw yourself, dirty son of a whore" in the dressing room at the Peter Mokaba Stadium in Polokwane after the coach criticised his first-half performance in Thursday's match.

Capello is no genius but talk of the lions share of the problem being with him fill me with despair. This is the last chance for several players of "this" golden generation to perform and once again they don't. You couldn't get more disparate managers than the last several English managers and yet the bloated egos of the players is overlooked for the quick fix of a new manager

when viera was angling for a move in the late 90s early 2000s from arsenal, saying they hadn't won enough, hill davies said "well you are the one out on the pitch" which is, in the forum vernacular, exactly right

John Terry interview today was a joke. It was almost if he was there telling us, that because he wasn't captain, this is why England haven't won a game at the world cup.

These idiots need to get over themselves and instead of complaining about being bored, they should get on the pitch and put the bloody ball in the back of the next a few times.

England have been poor squad ever since McClaren took over. No entertainment or passion. Even our victories are boring, laboured wins against teams from the Eastern European block, who hardly have a better team than East Dulwich Hamlets.

This generation of players are over rated, rubbish, boring, not entertaining, as a team, they should hang their hands in shame, especially our media too, for whistle blowing such silly scandals before a World Cup campaign.

**** em all.

(Side note) Lampard needs to be dropped, he has been ****ing piss poor.

Whatever the excuses wheeled out by the media about England's performance, the most basic problem was their passing, movement and first touch. It was very poor on the night and even if these players are a bit over-rated I'm pretty sure their passing and touch is much better then they have displayed. I have coached youth football for 10 years, and if I had of given the England team the half time team talk I would have focused on simply trying to get them to concentrate on their fisrt touch and to pass the ball accurately and be patient and not always try to force the play every time they did get a passing opportunity.

French farse... as Evra confronts the traitor who dobbed in Anelka.. then marches his team mates back onto the team bus to boycott training... followed by Domenech then having to read out players statement in support of the player who'd foul mouthed him.. and finally the Team Director leaving the French media to wander off into the African hills

I am so glad that France lost and will be going home. Because they played really bad in those few games. And I am glad that Mexico won against the french team, because I am a total Mexico fan. Viva Mexico!