William Rose recruiting goes viral

loubelou

Sorry I will not be able to attend.. I'm off to the Cod Fellas for lunch and have a trip to The Den this evening.

Now that the Waiting Room at East Dulwich Station is no longer there, I might have to take on 'water' in The Cherry Tree

and get the Station Master to text me when my train is due.

Foxy

All and sundry are most welcome to my humble garden retreat. I have a few bottles in the fridge awaiting my opening act in about 10 minutes from now. As predicted, the sun has come out and I'm in barely any clothing with the shades on. Time to drench myself with warm reys, summer 2016 officially begins in the Louisa household today.

*Bob* and rd are always welcome to mine, what they won't divulge on here is that they often come over and help with my garden parties and summer barbecues. Handing out sausage rolls and scotch eggs, often in dicky bows, bordering on the altogether!

Louisa.

Some points

(1) That writes off all the young men in East Dulwich re getting a job

(2) SOTV

(3) is this Brexit related as I see Louisa posted? No doubt the EU outlaws fun

(4) SOTV tonight

(5) If you don't like William Rose (I don't eat meat so have no interest) come up the road to Libretto and daughters by the Moor Park Hotel, and also admire his motors

Review from the Indie

Good meat well met

My local butcher's, K Libretto and Daughters, is an acquired taste. The man with the cleaver, Kim, refuses to join the 21st century by insisting that his customers pay by cash or cheque ? he doesn't take cards. The d?cor dates from the 1970s, and he doesn't take on any extra staff, it's just him in an apron. But in return he makes each customer feel special by talking to them at length while he serves them (you have to set aside 45 minutes for a normal weekday visit) and he supplies, arguably, the best meat in London. So when I turned up at 8am on Christmas Eve to pick up our turkey order, I spent a chilly hour and a half in a long queue of loyal customers devoted to this very retro butcher. Yet the line was full of people reading Kindles, looking at iPads or tweeting from their BlackBerrys. This is the British Christmas experience of today: we want the authenticity of a traditional butcher, but we need 21st century technology to help us get through it.

malumbu Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Some points

>

> (3) is this Brexit related as I see Louisa posted?

> No doubt the EU outlaws fun

It's not Brexit related but you make a good point malumbu. If we remain in the EU butchers will probably go out of business due to endless rules and regs which will prevent them from cutting a piece of sirloin a certain way! The EU may as well outlaw fun, seeing as they have contributed towards outlawing pretty much everything else. Bureaucratic lunatics.

Louisa.

malumbu Wrote:

> (5) If you don't like William Rose (I don't eat

> meat so have no interest) come up the road to

> Libretto and daughters by the Moor Park Hotel.

Sshhh... Kim's a well kept secret up this end and I'm sure you well know the Moore Park Hotel closed a very long time ago.

However, I also like William Rose's good reasonably priced meat too and you can't go wrong with the ?20 family box, which as far as I'm concerned represents very good value for money. The service has always been exemplary too.

Louisa Wrote:

> Overpriced, takes advantage of the new wave posh

> intake to the area, nothing special (Smiths in

> Nunhead much friendlier and cheaper in my

> experience). Don't know why people give these

> places on LL the time of day when there's better

> value for money out there. You won't catch me

> going in!

>

> Louisa.

the butchers smiths in nunhead, i made an order for christmas and went to get it on the 23rd dec and he sold it so i had to run around the shops to get another one will never use him again. i go the butchers jones butchers herne hill, but beware they close at 12.30 but worth the trip

Kin hell Louisa

Do you even stop. There are excellent food hygiene and traceability regulations that stop people becoming ill and dying.

It's a balance between allowing freedom of choice and protecting our population but do you see one good thing about the EU?

The reason that most of our food is shite is that as a nation we prefer to buy uniform unripe or uninteresting food from the supermarkets at the lowest cost. Well done German outlets for bringing in some change.

Go to many EU countries and food and catering are much better, something we can learn from. And regional too.

Mind you it was no doubt the EU that shut down the Moor Park Hotel

malumbu Wrote:

>

> Mind you it was no doubt the EU that shut down the

> Moor Park Hotel.

WTF are you on? More like lack of punters. Anyway, why the sudden interest in this old boozer? It was closed and turned into flats more than a decade ago, maybe even getting on for 20 years ago. I get the feeling you live in an alternative universe to the rest of us.

> My local butcher's, K Libretto and Daughters, is

> an acquired taste. The man with the cleaver, Kim,

> refuses to join the 21st century by insisting that

> his customers pay by cash or cheque ? he doesn't

> take cards. The d?cor dates from the 1970s, and he

> doesn't take on any extra staff,

Same as the Plough butcher (no name) - old fashioned butcher and the best meat I think, but also at a fair price. Very underrated.

malumbu Wrote:

> Kin hell Louisa

>

> Do you even stop. There are excellent food hygiene

> and traceability regulations that stop people

> becoming ill and dying.

>

> It's a balance between allowing freedom of choice

> and protecting our population but do you see one

> good thing about the EU?

>

> The reason that most of our food is shite is that

> as a nation we prefer to buy uniform unripe or

> uninteresting food from the supermarkets at the

> lowest cost. Well done German outlets for

> bringing in some change.

>

> Go to many EU countries and food and catering are

> much better, something we can learn from. And

> regional too.

>

> Mind you it was no doubt the EU that shut down the

> Moor Park Hotel

The only good thing I see about the bureaucratic EU is the door that says 'Exit'.

Is food hygiene really controlled by the EU? How does a EU wide decision on the cleanliness of a specific business in the UK actually work? Is it even adopted on the ground? More wasted time and money nanny stating the populace from an unelected boardroom in another country no doubt.

Louisa.

Louisa Wrote:

> It's not Brexit related but you make a good point malumbu. If we remain in the EU butchers will

> probably go out of business due to endless rules and regs which will prevent them from cutting a

> piece of sirloin a certain way!

Is this a parody of typical Brexit fact-free rant?