Recommendation: Greg - Painter/Decorator and more

miss T

I just had the stone work either side of my steps leading up to a victorian house repaired and painted by Greg and Jacob. I cannot fault either their work or approach to clients. Job done beautifully, constant communication throughout, work around my schedule and were a pleasure to employ. it makes such a nice change and I will absolutely be using them for any future work.

High praise all round, many thanks Greg and Jacob my steps look gorgeous

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I also want to recommend Greg and his team. He's just finished painting the exterior wall of our Victorian mid terrace along with the porch and the door.

He came promptly and gave us a very reasonable quote and then gave us a start date and started exactly when he said he would. He was helpful with advice regarding types of paint to use and we found him overall to be professional, courteous, honest and extremely hardworking. He organised the scaffolding for us also.

As Greg worked on our wall he noticed a large area of damp and an old blown brick (which the previous owner had patched up with gaffa tape!) and he repaired all of this at a very reasonable price. He had excellent attention to detail and returned to do a further coat to ensure that the finish was at the highest standard.

The finished work looks excellent. I will put up a before/ after picture as soon as I find a moment to take a photo!

Greg: 07955656941

[email protected]

• 2 months later...
Greg is fantastic. He wallpapered two bedrooms, cut several wooden doors to perfection, installed roman blinds and managed to hang an extremely heavy mirror in the tightest of spots - a job another decorator told me couldn't be done. He and his team spent hours on it and never complained once. And that is what I like most about Greg - he is a true professional, willing to tackle anything and completing each job beautifully. Highly recommended.

Another recommendation for Greg and his team - they did a great job at my place, not just decorating but also closing up an internal door (not being satisfied until the result was perfect) and replacing part of a damp section of wall. Greg is very friendly and straightforward to talk to too.

• 2 months later...
Greg and Jacob did a number of jobs for us and we were very happy with the results. One job was restoring part of our victorian hall fall - they did a painstaking job, with great attention to detail and took the trouble to source very similar replacement tiles to complete the job. They also completed some painting work with great attention to detail and some other odd jobs to a high standard. I would definitely recommend Greg and his team!

Another recommendation for Greg and Jacob and their fantastic work! Greg repaired the masonry on the front of my flat last year and they just repainted my hallway and bathroom. The hallway looks absolutely fantastic. Greg also completed a number of odd jobs around the flat and has been extremely helpful answering various questions and patient with me changing my mind! My housemate was at home ill when Jacob was painting the hall and said he was so considerate in being very quiet and tidy and worked tirelessly all day. I will be using them for many more jobs in the future!

Wanted to give another recommendation for Greg - he did a lot of work when we moved into our house last year, and due to our deadlines for having to move, he ended up working on a pretty tight schedule, long hours. All the same, he did a fantastic job, was very helpful and understanding. The place still looks fantastic. He's since been back to do a smaller repair job (unrelated to his original work) which again looks great. Highly recommend.

• 2 weeks later...

I found Greg after reading his recommendations on here last week, and I'm so glad I did! We needed some urgent decorating to be done and a few odd jobs to be completed by Friday, and they did it, and to a very high standard. The decorating involved filling a lot of hairline cracks in the walls, which was very fiddly and quite a task in the time scale. Greg arranged for Jacob to do the work as he was working elsewhere, and Jacob was great - very diligent and efficient, and a pleasure to have around. The results are far better than we hoped.

Greg even came round on Sunday to fit a curtain rail that had fallen off the wall - it's clear he goes above and beyond for his clients, and is very helpful, honest and reliable with an impressive and professional work ethic.

Thank you Greg & Jacob!

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to add my recommendation for Greg and his team! They repainted the entire inside of my house, including all woodwork. They also fixed walls which had been badly damaged by an electrician and built new cabinets and shelving for me.

They were very neat and tidy throughout the whole process and kept me updated with photos and messages - including when a paint colour looked different to how I described what I wanted so I could check and change it!

The house was finished to an incredibly high standard and to time, despite me requesting some last minute additional jobs. I would trust Greg to do any job in my house!

Following other recommendations on the Forum, I employed Greg to redecorate a large bedroom which had been badly damaged by water which had leaked through from a faulty roof. The lining paper on the walls was stained, and was also mismatching in places, there were patches of mould growth, and the woodwork was in a dreadful state. As a result of Greg's work, the room now looks excellent, as if there had never been any problems, and I am delighted. Greg's price was competitive, he completed the job within the time he had estimated, he was punctual and very tidy, and he took careful precautions to avoid dust and debris spreading to other parts of my property, which I very much appreciated. He is also very kind-hearted, and helped me with a few things in other rooms. I will use him again without hesitation.

• 3 months later...
Just used Greg to re-do our hallway based on recommendations from ED Forum and so glad we did. He did a great job and his prices are really reasonable. Highly recommend him. I've had a lot of tradesman pass through my house over the last 5 years and Greg is one of the few I would invite back.

• 4 months later...

I think I may have started this thread way back when Greg did such an amazing job restoring and painting my rotten old windows and front door. I'm coming back on here today just to let people know again that he really is a great professional allround craftsman - he has just put together an Ikea set of drawers in some kind of record time. He also has just finished doing my upstairs neighbours hallway, living room etc for the second time so that speaks for itself.

Anyone looking for someone they can trust to do a high quality job in a whole range of skills - painting, maintenance, furniture assembly all handyman jobs, you really can do no better than Greg.

His phone number is 07955 656941.

Another recommendation for Greg!

We have used him for several jobs over the past year, including putting up pictures and lights, installing a catflap, and recently a big job involving decorating a number of rooms as well as sanding, dying and varnishing our floorboards. He has always done a great job!

Greg is a really nice guy and very helpful, reliable, and efficient. We will certainly continue to use him.

• 1 month later...

Greg and his colleague just finished painting the external of our terrace house and did a great job.

Very pleased with end results. They were considerate to neighbour and very nice to deal with.

Would recommend them and use them in future.

• 3 weeks later...
Greg and his team just painted the outside of our terraced house. They've done a great job, very reasonably priced and when they found a window sill was rotten they talked us through all the issues and the extra work that was needed. It looks as good as new. Very professional and considerate. Would highly recommend Greg and his team.

• 2 weeks later...

Another happy customer of Team Greg, hallway and a bedroom painted, 2 ikea book cases repaired. Very high quality work, no paint where it was not wanted! I was also pleasantly surprised that the paint they used did not smell strongly, and dried fast, which helped make the job go well.

I'll definitely be using Greg again for my next job.

• 1 month later...
I recommend Greg very highly. He's done 2 jobs for us on our house in Camberwell: one a complete redecoration and finish of a guest bedroom, including replacing skirting boards and sorting very tired wall finishes; and another boarding and plastering over a collapsing lath and plaster hall ceiling. His work is excellent, he's incredibly quick and efficient, he's so clean and tidy you wouldn't know he'd been there (which is no mean feat when working with plaster) and he's a lovely guy. His quotes were also very reasonable. Anyone would be lucky to get him on a job, and I'd have him back like a shot to do any work on our house.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
A big fat glowing recommendation for Greg and his team who this week did some painting work for us at our shop HB&B on East Dulwich Road. His guys did a fantastic job, the finish was impeccable and they were tidy, polite and coped extremely well working around the demands of a busy shop! A++++, would trade again.

• 7 months later...

Had to come back on here to praise Greg some more. He's just finished a real variety of jobs for me - some tiling in kitchen, rehanging doors and changing locks, assembling furniture and a bit of painting.

Every single job was done to the same fantastic standard. I'm so pleased. It's a relief to know that I can call on him to tackle such a variety of jobs and I know it's going to get done properly.

And to those who haven't used him yet - he is someone you can totally trust, has very high standards and is a nice guy too.

• 1 month later...

If anyone would be interested in restoring/ repainting exterior of their property (this comes with obeying all rules of social distancing as I'd work in isolation) we'll be more than happy to provide a quote for the works. At the moment we're ready to start at a short notice.

Thanks, Greg

[email protected]

Some of our past jobs are posted here: www.instagram.com/teamgregdulwich

• 1 month later...
Greg has just done an amazing job redecorating the front of our house - Victorian bay window, porch and front door. It wasn't in a great state, with some rotten wood, and he painstakingly restored and painted the window frames and crumbling masonry to a very high standard. We are thrilled with the result, he is a real perfectionist and took lots of extra trouble to finish it all beautifully. At all times he was careful to observe social distancing rules, both around us and our upstairs neighbours. He was clean, tidy and a pleasure to have around, we will definitely go to him for future jobs.