EU Debate - I am Voting to Leave

natty01295

Yes- De Gaulle vetoed our entry more than once before 1973, because he thought our farming , economy etc had things that were not compatible with the EEC. I don't know the specifics but I do know there are a quarter of a million French in the capital at the moment- probably because they want to work more than a 35 hour week,or whatever hours the French implemented from the Working Time Directive...although I suppose imposing a restriction on hours would create more jobs...

Ach-gawd have you ever worked or provided services in France

Painfully overly punitive neagative & suspicious

And that's within the EU

NO frakkin hope from outside, and that's one country

Cheers for that, thanks to all those who's only excursions were on a 'booze cruise'

As for business, forget it now

Dead

TheArtfulDogger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Alan Medic,

>

> There lies the crux of why people voted to leave,

> for a government elected by the people....and not

> the eu burecats who we didn't vote for

>

> A point well made sir...

You seem to be ignoring the fact that MEP's are elected. The UK has 73 of them.

Alan Medic Wrote:

> TheArtfulDogger Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Alan Medic,

> >

> > There lies the crux of why people voted to

> leave,

> > for a government elected by the people....and

> not

> > the eu burecats who we didn't vote for

> >

> > A point well made sir...

>

> You seem to be ignoring the fact that MEP's are

> elected. The UK has 73 of them.

73 out of a total of 756.......

uncleglen Wrote:

> Never been on a booze cruise, never felt the need

> to over-indulge to that extent personally so quite

> happy to pay UK prices.

Brilliant for parties though, and for our wedding we got 200 bottles of fine stuff for about a third of the cost of buying it in the UK...does anyone know if once we're out of Europe the former import restrictions (which as I recall were about a dozen of wine and a bottle of spirits) will be reimposed? Not the most important issue at the moment I know, but...

Alan Medic Wrote:

> Well point a. That wasn't addressed to you your

> ladyship. Point b, I cant remember having just

> watched two rugby matches with dissapointing

> outcomes for while consuming a fair amount of

> wine. Point c. A wild guess would be gobshite.

Ah - I thought you were replying to my earlier comment, in which case mea culpa!

Alan Medic Wrote:

> TheArtfulDogger Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Alan Medic,

> >

> > There lies the crux of why people voted to

> leave,

> > for a government elected by the people....and

> not

> > the eu burecats who we didn't vote for

> >

> > A point well made sir...

>

> You seem to be ignoring the fact that MEP's are

> elected. The UK has 73 of them.

It's quite astounding to see the fact of just how many UK MEP's we have, wilfully ignored.

Voting to leave, really isn't voting for anything. It's voting against something. That is literally all the disparate bunch of miscreants leading the leave campaign had in common with each other - the fact that they didn't like the EU. Well fine, but that is like travelling in a plane that is uncomfortable and expensive and has a stop off you would prefer not to have to make and so saying "i don't like this", opening the door and jumping out.

It's clear that they all have wildly different (although universally half formed) ideas about what would happen next. It's really not good enough. Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson is today berating the government for not having a plan for what would happen post-Brexit. Do none of the Leavers feel that perhaps they should have been thinking about next moves before encouraging us to all jump from that plane?