If you were drinking in the rye tavern this evening....

It reminds me of a drink in the EDT about four years ago when my mate's date put her bag under the table.

It busied up about 7.30 so we thought we'd go for a curry, and the bag and phone had gone from under the table.

We rang the phone, and were greeted with some piss-ant 15 year olds crowing that they'd got the phone and we hadn't. They'd kicked the bag away from under the table and we hadn't noticed, they were well chuffed.

However, they disagreed on how well to taunt us, and actually had a fight whilst we were listening on who was the best thief.

The only forums they post on are the happy slapping ones.

Well the place was full of exactly the sort of people that read this forum tbh, and usually is. I am hoping that the chancer that stole the glasses might be known to someone on here and might then like to own up.

I am sure that a friend of a friend might turn up over the next weeks with a pair of Chanels, in black, with 3 flowers on each arm. If they do, you know they are a thief. Simple!

A little bit unfair, since I am sure there were more than one pair of those glasses ever made, and it might be reasonable that another pair are seen in this vicinity. So then you'll all stare at the wearer and make them feel uncomfy for no reason.

And by the way I was at the Ivy House...

Ladymuck Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> ruffers Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

>

> > If the label says 'Channel' then they're

> probably

> > fake.

>

> *creases up*

Im sure ratty can provide a receipt to dispense with any doubt that his wifes loss is significant....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Train is easier, bus or walk down to Sydenham, Norwood Junction, East Croydon, Gatwick airport.  If it is ab early flight then taxi or Uber to East Croydon.  Always travel light even with young family. 
    • This is an exciting new development! I really enjoyed reading your article and hadn't realised you have an exhibition coming up as well! I've never heard of a Roman fort up there, interesting! I don't think it's within the area you're investigating, but yesterday I noticed 2-3 ancient (possibly 'boundary') oaks at the bottom of One Tree Hill woods (on the informal path parallel with Brenchley Gardens). Thank you for all your work on the local area. The survival of plants over time is very interesting. I'm fascinated by the patches of what used to be grass, which (since taking the pummelling of being walked and jogged on so much during lockdown) are now inhabited by thick little weeds.
    • Hi there,  I've recently been reading a book written by a local historian in 1841 (Douglas Allport) which dedicates a whole chapter into investigating whether there was a Roman Fort on Ladland's Hill (AKA Friern Hill or Primrose Hill and later Dawson's Hill – named after the brickworks in the late 19th century).  Has anyone ever come across this before or have any information about this? I've seen the thread on the subject from 2010, but wondered if anyone had any other information? It's part of the project I'm working on called How does your garden grow?  https://www.howdoesourgardengrow.com and I am organising a community event and exhibition connected to the area of the old Friern Manor Farm Estate on Sunday 14 July in the St Clement with St Peter church hall - FREE ADMISSION – programme details on the home page. If anyone has any historical information they would like to share, please contact me via PM or email [email protected] Many thanks  Sharon Neish 
    • yes there does seem to be a drift from Labour to the Greens 
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In