Oliver the Musical

Hi any advice appreciated I am taking my 7 year old nephew to this in July probably matinee, the most reasonable tickets at the moment are in the upper circle. He's a small seven so was wondering will this be too far from the stage?, the seats are in row H and one is in the aisle.

Or was wondering should I wait til nearer the day and see if there are any returns in the stalls.It's a Wednesday and not in term time.He's over from Ireland so we need to get tickets, maybe too risky to wait!

Has anyone been and where are the best views ? obviously stalls and dress circle I know.

I have looked on theatre monkey but conflicting opinions given.

Thanks

Am sure upper circle would be fine - big shows are designed so that you're not at a huge disadvantage sitting

further back and unlike in a panto there's no chance of him missing out on audience participation.

If anything being higher up could be more exciting as you get a better idea of the grandness of the show/how big the audience is.

I was worried about the same thing with my daughter. I don't think Upper Circle is too far away but I think an aisle seat is a good idea - and suggest not the front row (or you'll be fretting about having to hang over the edge). Rather than book online, I'd also recommend ringing the box office and explaining that you're taking a child so that they can find you good seats. My daughter went to see Sound of Music when she was 6 (present from my mum) and it worked fine to be up high - you might want to take a cushion or make sure you have some coats to sit on just in case.

hi I made some of the costumes for this production of Oliver so I know the show very well! Dont sit it the stalls for this production. It has been designed to be watched from the dress circle so the view point is perfect from here. There is street scenes like consider yourself where the set moves as they are walking along the street ect and from the stalls you are too low down so miss all of this. Also miss some of the action when you are in fagins lair. If you were higher up than the dress circle I think you would only miss the unimportant action where people are walking along the street above fagins lair. Def go higher up than the stalls.

Also when you book tickets if at all possible get them direct from theatre. You will save yourself huge booking fees(which could be spent on icecreams instead!) and they have better seats available. They release the worse seats available(the ones ath the back and sides) to the agencies first and keep the better ones at the box office.

same goes for the half price ticket booth in London By the time you pay a booking fee there you usually would end up with better tickets for about ?5 more if you went direct to the box office as they def get allocated the side seats first.

hope you enjoy the show, If you want interval drinks then order them at the pub across the road from the theatre The Nell Of Old Drury. Fantastic little pub and drinks will be cheaper than in the theatre.