Green & Blue wins award (almost)

all_star

A friend of mine did the recent wine tasting course run by Green and Blue over a number of weeks. He and those on the course with him found it so good they are planning to continue unofficially on their own now the course is over. He has only good things to say about the management and staff at Green and Blue.

I told him that my impression had been that the space/layout was a little intimidating as a wine shop, and the wine bar at the back unknown to many - and he was surprised to hear my opinion, knowing how much the owners care about wine and about their business...

So I reckon well worth a look again, and certainly the refurbishments and expansion should be a good thing. Hell, I might even sign up for their next wine course...

Kate,

Congratulations, you have my respect woman! glasses up to your professionalisim. I have to admit i have never really liked the feel to the bar you used to have out the back of your shop but i do love your wines. when i first started buying wines from your shop i knew nothing at all. i have always found your staff more than helpful and with their recomendations over the past year i find myself appreciating great wines, at quite reasonable prices, on a level that can not be explained, i even find it difficult to drink wine elsewhere! i cant wait for the relaunch of your new bar so i can enjoy your lovely wines on a girls night out!

Only been once so far, very good experience all round.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/25/58195753_7d013bc13e_m.jpg

Good cheese board and a great shiraz.

Will definitely go back, especially now Kate has taken the time to explain what it's about.

Thumbs up to Kate and to Mark for setting up the forum so this conversation could happen :-)

Imagine what it would be like if everyone just talked things through like this everywhere...

Yes, that's called being a Politician beatnic, isn't it?

I realise we're veering off-topic but Quaywe you've lost me a little there.

It's hard to tell from your statement who is being the Politician and whether you think that's a good or a bad thing.

Thanks Kate for taking the time to appear on the forum. I think your points are very valid. I for one shop regularly with you guys but must say I have had trouble with the staff looking at me like i'm an alien and being quite blunt when I ask what might appear to be obscure questions. For example, I popped in this Saturday to ask on the off chance if you might have any Rice wine (Sake). Assuming you wouldn't have any but chancing my arm. I was told in no uncertain terms by the scoffing sales assistant that no you didnt sell Sake and nor did she think I would get any on Lordship lane. So I popped up the road and bought a bottle from Threshers. Clearly the Sake is not the issue but the staff. Not a big deal though, I still think the quality of product is worth the visit.

Huguenot Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Where do you buy your booze snorks, and why do you

> think it's better?

Lidl.

Dear Forum

Thank you very much to all those of you who have posted messages of support - we appreciate it very much, particularly now we are enduring the stress of expensive building work!

My offer of a free wine tasting for up to 15 of the forum members was a genuine one - obviously, it is mainly targeted at those who still think we are too expensive/stuck up gits/female friendly in a weird way etc, but those who already know they like us welcome as well.

I won't ask again, so please do contact me if you would like to do this and we will have an evening in our new and improved bar (which will have some comfy chairs) If this does not happen for what ever reason, then please do introduce yourselves when you pop in. I am not at the shop nearly as often as I want to be as we are not making enough money for me to give up my day job (also in wine which I have been involved in for many years now)but it would be good to put a face to some of the names.

best wishes,

Kate

Dear Kate,

I suppose your comment "female friendly in a weird way" is strictly referred to me, Well I am a world authority on wines ( Italian wines ) and a genuine wine lover and I am sure you are even more of an expert. I only entered your place one time because I am looking for a particular Italian wine that is extremely hard to find outside Italy ( but not impossible ) and I was so happy that Green & Blue "was born", but when I visited your place I couldn't find that particular wine, so like a little kid, I went from joy & happiness to despair and I nearly cried. There is only one distributor in Dublin that has ( sometimes ) that wine and sells it for ?25 (wholesale price) a bottle ( value in Italy is no more than ?5 ). By pure coincidence it is one of my favourite wines and because it is also "aphrodisiac", Girlzzz love it.

Anyway to take your last post seriously "it would be good to put a face to some of the names", I will cone in very soon to show my pretty face and I hope to find you there, and I really hope that you can make me smile again ( like a little kid ) >:D<

ciao...ciao...