Chelsea 3 v 1 Tottenham

Derby 2 v 1 Wigan

Everton 1 v 2 Man. City

Middlesbrough 2 v 1 Liverpool

West Ham 1 v 0 Fulham

Man. United 4 v 0 Newcastle

Sunderland 1 v 2 Portsmouth

Bolton 1 v 1 Blackburn

My first trip to the Emirates last night and you can't help but be impressed with Arsenal's new stadium, it really does put old White Hart Lane in the shade.

We got there fairly early and left the motor in a car park off Upper Street and then looked for something to eat. La Trevi Ristorante is a small cheap and cheerful Italian family run business nextdoor to the Garage which I can recommend if you like that sort of thing. Three courses each, two bottles of water and a bottle of house red for me came to around ?40 including tip if I remember rightly.

Anyway, to the match, which I thought was a pretty good game actually despite what Atila has said in a previous post but then that was probably because Spurs were by far the better team on the night. If we'd taken the best of our chances it's not being unfair to say that we could have come away with a 3-1 win, but we didn't, so that's that.

Spurs with Ledley King back in the fold and Paul Robinson dropped to the bench looked very solid at the back, which is something that I've not been able to say all season.

I've no illusions that things will not be a lot tougher at White Hart Lane and I'm sure Arsene Wenger will pick a slightly stronger line-up than last night. Van Persie, on his comeback from injury was disappointing apart from one very cute reverse pass, other than that he was very quiet and was replaced at half-time by Eduardo who was also equally anonymous.

Still everything to play for in the second leg and I for one will not be making any stupid predictions about the result seeing as we haven't beaten the Arsenal in nine years but I live in hope.

Come On You Spurs!

Arsenal 3 Birmingham 1

Aston Villa 2 Reading 1

Chelsea 1 Tottenham 2 (yes I know, but I'm feeling quite confident after last night's performance)

Derby 1 Wigan 2

Everton 2 Man City 2

Middlesbrough 1 Liverpool 2

West Ham 2 Fulham 1

Man Utd 3 Newcastle 0

Sunderland 1 Portsmouth 2

Bolton 2 Blackburn 2

cheers for the impressions Jah - now you mention the place next to The Garage I remember it. Although it tended to be for gigs next door rather than the Arse

I couldn't watch the game but any neutral (and some Gooners) I know said it was pretty good to watch and Spurs were all over us

I was pleased for Theo when I heard he got our goal but then when I saw it he didn't know much about it - still, I'll take it!

Arsenal 3 v 0 Birmingham

Aston Villa 3 v 0 Reading

Chelsea 2 v 1 Tottenham

Derby 1 v 1 Wigan

Everton 2 v 1 Man. City

Middlesbrough 1 v 1 Liverpool

West Ham 2 v 0 Fulham

Man. United 4 v 1 Newcastle

Sunderland 0 v 2 Portsmouth

Bolton 1 v 0 Blackburn

>>Are they going to give italian lessons to the likes of Rooney?<<

I suppose someone, and it may as well be myself, is going to ask if they will first teach him English? :))

Spurs had chances they didn't take, and should have won given the chances and the team we put out, but were not all over us, and I wasn't the only attendee who thought it was a poor game to watch, because the football wasn't great from either side. Still I'll be back on Saturday for the Brum game which I'm sure will be better.

Were you're fellow Arsenal supporters wearing blinkers per-chance Atila? I think you thought it was a poor game because you didn't dominate like you usually do at the Emirates. I can't remember any long balls or hopeful hoofs upfield from either side who both prefer to play it on the floor and enjoy a good passing game and thought it was a pretty good advert for our domestic game for the watching Fabio Capello. You were outplayed for most of the game and even you've got to admit that Spurs deserved to win but I won't be holding my breath for the second leg. May the best team win.

Nobody really. My dad is a spurs fan so i suppose i would go for them. My game is rugby. my dad used to take me to see the likes of chivers, Gilzean (who I thought was brilliant), jennings etc. My rugby team is Harlequins who I go and support. The thing I like about rugger is that I can go and watch a game, get a pint at the bar and take it to my seat and watch the game instead of being treated like an imbecile as i would at a football match. I took my son who is a Chelsea fan to watch them play Middlesborough at Stamford bridge. I was searched by some shaven headed neanderthaal in a yellow vest, then told i had to remove the top from my sons bottle of water before we went in, then stopped from taking my pint of froth that was supposed to be bitter into the game so i had to woolf it down in one minute flat.

I listened to the first half of the Arsenal game on Radio 5. Just before they scored Spurs were creating chances with embarrassing ease. I couldn't listen to the second half. Didn't have enough change for the swear box. When are supporters gonna be honest. Spurs were the better side and had they won, they would have deserved it. Jeez.

citizenED Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I listened to the first half of the Arsenal game

> on Radio 5. Just before they scored Spurs were

> creating chances with embarrassing ease. I

> couldn't listen to the second half. Didn't have

> enough change for the swear box. When are

> supporters gonna be honest. Spurs were the better

> side and had they won, they would have deserved

> it. Jeez.

Try reading my posts properly, I said they had the better chances and on that basis plus the team we put out, Spurs should have won. But they didn't. Listening on the radio ain't the same as being there. Give me strength!!!

atila the gooner Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Spurs had chances they didn't take, and should

> have won given the chances and the team we put

> out, but were not all over us, and I wasn't the

> only attendee who thought it was a poor game to

> watch, because the football wasn't great from

> either side. Still I'll be back on Saturday for

> the Brum game which I'm sure will be better.

I was actually referring to you saying it was a poor game.

Perhaps you'll enjoy it more on Saturday.

I didn't see it, but got texts from a friend who was watching it on telly (which in many ways is better than being there), and he was saying it was a great game.

Aaaanyway, it's interesting the news are all saying Robinson could be out the door because he was left out yesterday. Loads of sides play different keepers in this competition, and you don't hear that about them... That said, most team's keepers haven't been on the sort of form Robinson has of late, bless his cottons.

Luton have had to let 5 of their players go, so if Liverpool can't beat them now, we don't deserve to win anything ever again!