Comedy Corner

ben

didn't know whether to put this in the comedy corner or The Green thread.

Gastro Pub Waiters

"i'm recommending the consom?, which as everybody schoolboy knows, provided your school wasn't free, is to be consumed only using a vichyssoise fork...my my it's like watching the generation game, I expect that's a reference you get."

Genius!!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hibbs

Good news - Bren, over to you!

TO be honest hibbs I never book for EDF but because it's Stewart Lee I'm not taking any chances. Turning up is usually good enough (if it's by 8ish). Some nights have been packed, others very quiet

The exception to all this is when Daniel Kitson does his mini-residences on Sunday nights. When they happen I have seen 200 people turned away, some from Sheffield and Scotland. I kid you not

At the start of his second Sunday he mentioned the turnaways at the first night and that same night by saying "what's that all about... it's Sunday night in Forest Hill! If you're around, swing by.... but don't TRAVEL for it"

Still some of the best nights I've had mind you

aaaaaaanyway - see you Saturday. At the moment we plan to meet in The Hob at 7:30ish for a few downstairs first. If anyone else has any other suggestions however...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• I can definitely recommend AFE Plumbing services. i had a leaking tap in the kitchen and Aria came out the next morning to identify the problem and bring a new tap to replace the old tap and get it all working very quickly. Aria is a very helpful individual who will always do his best to solve a problem for you.  
    • Not ED by but https://goodasgoldldn.com/pages/menu in Brockley does the gluten free stuff. Highly recommended, the food is great.  
    • The biggest free Lambeth  country fair is in next weekend 
    • I’ve been following the conversation with great interest. I don’t think that london parks and their wildlife are appropriate places for this kind of events. And of course, it also affects residents, too. It was really annoying going to the park with so many people, cans and rubbish everywhere, and noise spreading towards all directions. And think that I do like this kind of music, but I still think that this is not the right place to run big open air events like this. Also, today I saw this on the news: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c3gg8p770eeo A free event was cancelled because private ones damaged the Brockwell park. Of course a free event would be cancelled, there is no way it’d be the other way around.  
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In