Hearing test for a child

swagstar

We didn't have to wait long at all for a test at Sunshine House, so it might be worth calling them to check how long the waiting list really is. Testing children is very age-specific and needs specially trained medical practitioners, so I wouldn't expect a high street place to be set up for it.

We got referred via the GP - I requested it just to eliminate hearing problems being the cause of my son's speech pronunciation issues on the advice of the speech therapist (non NHS speech therapist though). We asked the GP to refer in around October - think the referral came through for mid December - not super speedy, but not dreadful either. The appointment was at Sunshine house which is easy to get to and the staff were lovely with him.

i happened to speak to my daughters hearing support teacher based at Sunshine house and asked for you. She said your GP needs to refer you. Sorry, sounds like a big circle. Each council will have its own hearing support service. Sunshine house is for Southwark residents. Good luck.