Baby groups/classes

Hi all,

My son's just turned 12 weeks and wants to be entertained constantly. At the same time, I'm starting to get a bit claustrophobic and would love some new activities/friends!

Can anyone recommend any baby groups/classes around West Dulwich/Dulwich Village that would be suitable for his age group?

Thank you! Alice

Hi Alice,

I run Baby Sensory classes in Dulwich Park on a Tuesday at 13:50. Classes are straight from birth up to 13 months and you are welcome to come for a taster session before committing to a term.

If you would like to book a space you can do so via the website

http://www.babysensory.com/en/ClassDetails/dulwich

or email me on [email protected]

Best wishes

Sarah

This is great! I've just been to one and my 5-month old loved it. Here's the description from the website:

Whippersnapper baby and toddler music classes run across our two sites: Brockwell Lido in Brockwell Park SE24 and College Lodge in Dulwich Park SE 21. Classes are themed and last 45 minutes and include inter-active songs, role play, dressing up, handmade props, djembe drums, musical instruments, puppets, disco dancing and sensory lights. On Tuesdays and Wednesdays we run pre crawler sensory stay and play music sessions, suitable for new borns and babies up to approximately 12 months.

http://whippersnappers.org/0-5-years-old/baby-and-toddler-music-class/lambeth/brixtonherne-hill/

There is a really nice playgroup at chatsworth baptist church on a Friday morning from 10 to 1. You can drop in at any time. It's technically west Norwood but just a few streets across from rosendale road.

There is also a playgroup at All Saints Church on line Lovelace road on Friday mornings. And regular Bach to Baby concerts which I've heard great things about.

For babies 6 months + There is a stay and play group at rosendale children's centre on Monday mornings.

If you're happy to travel a little further afield there's tonnes of stuff to do in herne hill/Brixton: the big scream at the ritzy, baby swimming lessons at Brixton recreation centre, baby yoga at the lido, rhyme time at the library.

Baby massage is fun. I did it with Sarah Smalley of chestnutbaby, it was a very sociable class and we still meet up occasionally