Craft venues in East Dulwich or nearby?

Hi, I was wondering whether anyone knew of any nice venues in the area which run craft workshops for adults? I'm looking for something like Homemade London which I read about on the Brockley website. I know there's All Fired Up, but I see that as being something mainly for parents and kids - I'm looking for a place to go to take a class and meet some nice people - maybe have a glass of wine!

I'm happy to travel in to town, but any local ones too please?

Thank you.

Hi there

we run exactly what you are looking for (I hope!). We offer evening craft workshops where you come along, meet some like minded people, learn a new skill and take home something lovely you have made yourself. We provide all the materials you need.

Coming up in September we have:

- Beginners Knitting

- Beginners Crochet

- Cushion Making

- Sewing Children's Skirts

- Embroidery

- Cupcake Decorating

- A-line skirts (for intermediate sewers)

Plus lots more scheuled from October - December.

We also run private parties and workshops, so if you fancy getting a group of friends together, or the dates/times don;t suit we can run one just for you. We have just had 40 people at the East Dulwich Women's Institute and a Hen Party this week alone :)

We are based at All Fired Up.

You can book online here:

MakeHQ: Online Booking

Please feel free to drop me a PM or email on [email protected] if you have any questions.

Mel

MakeHQ

Thank you both for your suggestions. I must confess I didn't realise MakeHQ operated from All Fired Up, I will definitely try you out, although it sounds like Homemade London offers a different kind of course and experience. Great to have you on my doorstep though!

Hi Waynetta

I'd love you to join me for the embroidery workshop. I teach it, and its my very favourite. Its all funky and easy these days, not at all fuddy duddy. I've attached a picture of a tea towel I recently whipped up.

The next class we are running is on Monday 13th September from 7 - 9.30pm and there are still spaces left. The cost is ?40, and that includes all your materials (wooden hoop, tea towel, threads, needle etc) which you get to take home with you.

You can book here:

MakeHQ: Embroidery Workshop

Hope to see you there,

Mel

MakeHQ

Thanks, yes I know the Papered Parlour, but if I have to go beyond the borders of East Dulwich, I'd rather do it a stone's thrown from Selfridges and a short walk from Marylebone! Sounds like it's Homemade London in town and Make HQ for local craft classes.

• 6 months later...