Are Bugaboos as good as they look?

Smiler Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Love my Bee but isn't going to work for 2 kids -

> boo hoo!

Smiler makes a good point.

Knowing what I know now, if I had my time again I would go for a phil & teds, as I had to get one anyway after I had number 2! I would also have a maclaren for the car.

We just did an intensive John Lewis session :-) and found it really useful. They give good impartial advice and you get a lot of information about the different alternatives. We still haven't actually bought one - but we're leaning towards the bugaboo bee

We found that the crucial difference between brands came down to whether the baby could face you, weight and ease of folding - both elements that (I think) will make all the difference getting on and off public transport. We came to the conclusion that if you were mainly pushing it around town and occasionally loading it in and out of a car then paying the extra for the bugaboo wasn't necessarily worthwhile - but if you'll be doing a lot of getting on and off buses/ trains then the bugaboo might just be worth paying the exorbitant sum you have to pay for it!

Don't know if others with experience would agree?

Tommy's on Peckham Rye have a good range and they're lovely chaps so go along and give them all a feel....the buggies, not the chaps.

We ended up with a mamas and papas thing. It's comfy, easy to use and light which means i can go on the underground, but really doesn't cope with Irish country roads so our ill advised graco behemoth works wonders there.

I have a bugaboo which i bought second hand on ebay. Love it. I took it when I went travelling as I was on my own with my son (now 19 months) to Italy, India, etc. I love the fact I can face my child and talk to him. It handles well. Has good storage space. And everything else other people say.

Then I was persuaded that I should swap for a Maclaren because it's so practical and light in comparison. Bought one on ebay very cheap because had a prob with suncanopie (?10). Tried it once. Hated it. It fell backwards when my toddler got out of it smashing the shopping on the floor, I can't see my son as it is so low (carbon dioxide level) and facing out, and lots more wrong with it.

I guess it is a matter of preference but my preference def goes to the bugagboos. And not for the look.

I will add that I have a Bugaboo and really love it. Unfortunately it was broken twice by BA on long haul flights. Once the chassis broke and once the brake handle was broken off. I was still within the year warrantee and both times Bugaboo sent me a new chassis within two says and collected the old one. I have never had any other problems with the frame - I didnt purchase the travel bag and in hindsight doing so many trips maybe I should have. But as far as everyday use my son loves it. I do have a Maclaren for the car and he really doesnt enjoy the ride, wont sleep in it etc. In his Bugaboo he will sleep soundly and he is now 2.