Can anyone recommend a good nanny agency?

I have tried in vain on here to find someone to provide after school care for my two boys so need to go down the agency route.

Wondered if anyone had any contacts/recommendations please?

Am completely desperate as have been offered a new job (which I need to fund our house move) but I need care after school care once term starts in a few weeks time

Thanks

PRD

Hi PRD - I can't help but can sympathise - I'm having the same problem at the moment as my son is starting school in September. I've phoned lots of childminders too but no luck, I may need to go down the nanny route too - it's really tricky isn't it. Best of luck.

Try Debie at Little Masters and Misses. ( sorry don't have no to hand so just google. South London/Kent) . She doesn't charge very much at all in comparison to most nanny agencies. If I remember I think we paid around ?200. She's been in the business a long time and we found our current nanny through her. She also seems to have various candidates for short term/long term work and babysitting.

Hope this helps.

PRD-

have you tried Simply Childcare in Camberwell? It's a bit more work than a nanny agency as you'd interview everyone yourself, but we've had great luck in finding nannies in the past. Aside from that, I'd also second the recommendation for Abbeville Nannies who we've used to find a temporary nanny. The ladies who run the agency were great, in our experience.

Very best of luck.