Swimming lessons

LT

Jags do swimming lessons and are brilliant. You don't have to be a member to sign up. My two were at ED pool until just before it closed and I stopped them from going because they didn't seme to be making any progress at all. We had one term of a superb teacher that got one of them swimming and then it was to back to "walking backwards in the water"...

My eldest did a school terms worth of swimming lessons (through her primary school) with the Jags teachers and made excellent progress (ie , any) so I sogned them up after that. After a term the eldest os a much stronger, confident simmer and the youngest, though not yet swimming independently, is almost there and really keen to be in the water. In fatc, whenever we enter a pool now he does the swimmimg lesson drills he's learned to love.

peckham pulse do swimming lessons for all ages and they seem very well taught (i've been in the fast lane next to lanes for swimming lessons and the instructor has been very patient and dsnt put any pressure on, very good way of teaching kids and they seem to respond really well) - good luck :)

sorry not to reply - yes, they are at weekends. The website says there is a waiting list but its probably worth calling them up if you're interested. I found them to be a mix of utterly impossible and totally helpful - ie things not quite being what they say they are: they said it was imperative that you call on the day courses open / there's a waiting list when actucally they didn\t answer the phone but several days later there seemed to be places. Which is to say I think it is probably worth a phone call.

• 3 weeks later...

Super Kids Swim school is very good. They hold classes at St Thomas the Apostle School in Nunhead, and several other places too, I think.

Justine is an excellent teacher.

Contact Margaret Rick

Telephone: 020 8651 2002

email:

[email protected]

Edited to say, I've just found this on Mumsnet; http://www.netmums.com/listings/PLACES/bromley/143/Superkids_Swimming_School//90133259/