what makes teenagers get up ???

EDmummy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> My mother would vacuum outside our bedroom door.

> Always worked.

Ha Ha - my mother would hoover right inside the room, banging about as much as possible. I snoozed through it quite comfortably. My mum would also regularly say in despairing tones, "Well it's a shame you can't get a job watching television.". But quite brilliantly I did get a job in my twenties in TV, where all those 'wasted' teenage years turned out to be very useful research.

narnia - internet or no internet, you're not going to take all his toys off him unless you maim him with a large knife....

WoD - at the risk of sounding facecious, why does he need to get up? Is he failing to make appointments/get to a job? If so then you need to have severe words. If you're just worried he's "wasting his time" in bed, well it's his time to waste. He'll grow out of it. In 10 years of so.....

My daughter is 17 and could sleep for England. It used to bug me when she wouldn't get up during the holidays and weekends, until I realised that, most of the time, it really doesn't matter whether she gets up at 10 am or 3 pm. So long as she gets up for school and for her voluntary work at lunchtime on Saturdays, I leave her to sleep until she wakes naturally during the holidays and Sundays. If she needs a doctor/dentist appointment, I make sure they are booked for mid to late afternoon. Unless there's a specific reason to get up early, I can't see the point in aggravating myself and my daughter by trying to make her get up when she doesn't want to.

njc 97- I need him to answer the door to tesco delivery men, gas boiler men etc etc. -the ones that say we will come between 10 and 12- to save me taking a day off work. otherwise i could not care less. he does have a job but it is an "as and when " so he sometimes gets up at 10 if he can be bothered and i know he works really well when he gets there. i am having a problem with "stern words" they seem to wash over him now.

it really is the actual act of waking up and getting up I feel an automatic physical device needs to be invented.!!!

Not harsh at all Moos. WOD did say her concern was him going to Uni but that changed to not giving a hoot how much he slept so long as he answered the door. This means getting out of bed and if you read the thread in the lounge today you will see it's not just teenagers who are fond of staying in bed! When he's gone I'm sure WOD will miss knowing he's at home asleep, just like I will.