Baby led weaning meet?

qeetah

Hi everyone!

So I've started reading the Gill Rapley baby led weaning book and I'm waiting till little P - my first baby - is 6 months till I start giving her some food to try (which is just a couple of weeks away)...

It would be great to hear from other baby led weaning mums and see if anyone would be interested in meeting up over a coffee to share their experiences, and offer support and encouragement for us new to it all?

If you're interested let me know and I'll arrange a time and date.

Thanks Pia

Would be happy to meet to share my experience using BLW for my son. However, I'm back at work 4 days/week so it would have to be on a Monday and would need to be somewhere toddler friendly as he's now nearly 13 months old! Sorry to be so demanding!

-A

would love to come to this. my little one sleeps till 10.30am so could it not be too early please if at all possible (as we seem to miss most things due to his weord schedule!)

would barry rd christ church cafe be any good (i've never been there but it apparently has a child friendly cafe? any thoughts on it?) or duwlich park cafe?

still trying to get my 9 mth old to like lumpy food!!!

My 8 a bit month old goes through stages of tucking in and then ignoring the food but have a friend with similar age baby who LOVES his food and tucks in 3 times a day with gusto, he seems to prefer the loaded spoon option. My boy prefers to get his hands in even with rice crispies...! Then another friends baby just puts his head near the plate and hoovers it up! We've started meeting once a week at 5pm for them to eat dinner together as although we try to eat with them, talk 'normally' and behave like it's a general dining experience it can get hard when it's just the 2 of you. More than happy to meet up but can only do Tuesday & Fridays (not am) as am back at work.

Thanks everyone for your replies - it's great to hear from you.

I'm not sure we can get a day when everyone is available but it seems Friday might be good for most people. How about we meet at Dulwich Park cafe next Friday 24th September at 3.30pm?

P

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say thanks to those who came along yesterday - it was lovely to meet you and your sweet little ones. Great to see how well the babies can feed themselves too! Thanks for all the tips.

I'm feeling really excited about letting little P try lots of different things now....

Will set up another date in a few weeks time to see how everyone is getting on and hopefully meet a few more mums who couldn't make it yesterday.

Have fun!

Pia x