First day of the new Dulwich Swimming Pool

Weegee

The Pulse offers 3 swimming sessions to the over 60's free of charge, only when you swim during those 3 sessions stated.

I asked one of the counter staff about these over 60's classes, and she said "yes you have to be a member".

Membership is of course several hundred pounds per annum.

Customers are treated as the enemy by many of the counter staff, only one working whilst two others look on and chatter amongst themselves, whilst remaining totally oblivious to how long the queue is.

To get back on topic, I shall be trying out the new pool this week.

James Barber Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'll asked the head of leiasure to ensure some

> mystery shopping at busy times.

> Clearly Fusion need to be a 'top act' if the

> investment is to be really successful.

Thank you James, top idea. (tu)

James Barber Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'm really chuffed at what we've all achieved so

> far to get the new pool working well for us

> residents.

This is down to your hard work and focus James....excellent work !

Just tried the pool too and really enjoyed it (and the temperature). Compared to the previous changing rooms/showers this is positively luxurious!! Agree that something needs to be done to keep it clean and dry though as the floors of the changing rooms were very wet at 8.00 in the morning.

After comments about long queues while fusion staff look on I raised the issue and it is now being looked into by senior council and fusion managers. I'm still asking about mystery shopping to give useful feedback on how the service feels.

Please do keep me posted of all your experiences that are noteworthy as good or bad. Please do note the name on the nametag for both good and bad experiences. for great customer service i'm really keen for praise to be given but equally the opposite when that's appropriate.

Hi gerritsmith,

Will ask why this is happening. Clearly keeping Dulwich Pool pristine is impossible if outside shows allowed as you've described.

Woemn showering. Lots of pools and people don't have compulsory showers. The key is the cleanliness of the water and after the description of the process, much less chlorinated, involving UV light I feel happy.

No change there then gerritsmith, it is exactly the same at the pulse too, women leaving their changing rooms without negotiating the showers before entering the pool.

The staff remain unconcerned at the offenders, and the pool notices are not nearly large enough for the task.

Hi gerritsmith & SteveT, I've been assured that the policy is clear 'no outdoor shoes on poolsides'. IF someone has a real reason they must do this then they must put blue plastic overshoe things on.

In view of this issue being raised I've been assured all staff are reminded of this policy and that they are meant to be enforcing it.

If this doesn't solve the problem please let me know.

Several people asking me about Fusion membership pricing.

Please see below the prices for family membership (two adults and two children) - Prices are annual:

Access Family Resident Access Family Non Resident Choice Family

2010 ?59.00 ?80.00 DD ?99.00/month or Annual Fee ?990.00

2009 ?57.00 ?77.50 N/A

2008 ?57.00 ?77.50 N/A

2007 ?57.00 ?77.50 N/A

2006 ?54.50 ?74.50 N/A

Access Membership works on pay as you go basis and offers discounts for particular activities (e.g. swim, gym classes etc).

The Choice Membership offers unlimited access to the facilities for a one off annual or monthly payment. It has just been launched this year and was not previously available.

Prices usually change with the beginning of the financial year in April.

I can't imagine the Choice membership having proved popular and my guess is not keenly priced for the Dulwich area.

I'll do some more digging.

I am finding it extremly annoying going for a "general swim" whilst a class is on. Tuesday an Aqua Aerobics was taking place and it was also "women only" swimming, and they left one very small lane open to swim in.. This resulted in too many women trying to swim up and down at various speeds which resulted in many weak swimmers being knocked out of the way.

Today was a general swim whilst a parent and child class was being held. They decided to put the rope width ways so prevented anyone having a general swim going a full lenght.

Please take care when changing in the ladies changing area as anyone looking through the doorway i.e. staff can see everyone getting changed by looking at the reflection in the mirror. Keep the door closed as it is often kept open. Obviously a design oversight!!!!

I'm confused by all the comments.......is it easy as a non-member to go to the pool with one's baby. Was planning to take our one-year old for session on Sunday morning. Will we be able to get in or do we have to book in advance or do we have to become members?

I have been twice to the pool now for Jelly Babies with my baby and think the facilities are great and the temperature now seems fine.

However - there are no flip down changing tables for babies (even in the disabled changing rooms?!) and no nappy bins that I can find. I mentioned this to the staff at the desk and they too were incredulous that all this money had been spent but they had completely forgotten about the changing tables and nappy bins.

There seems to be plenty of room in the disabled changing cubicles and the toilets to attach the tables....they asked me to fill in the comment form which I did as apparently they are addressing it.

James - it would be useful if this could be prioritised....find it quite ridiculous that this was overlooked in the design process?!

Thanks

Yes -I've been to the pool twice this week and it is lovely. They've done a really good job. I will be going swimming regularly there now. I agree about the changing tables and bins - must have been just childless men involved in the design - they'll have to be retrofitted.