Lyme Regis - things to do with toddlers?

Parsley

There is a little acquarium on the pier. Very little. It won't keep them occupied for too long, but it's cute. If you're up for a bit of a drive, there is an petting farm in an old abbey about 1/2 drive away. Sorry - I can't remember the name of the place!

-A

abbotsbury has a giant swannery. its really impressive especially when the signets are around.

if you dont mind travelling a little further then there is a sealife centre at Weymouth (pretty basic though)

and Monkey World in wool is an absolute must. largest collection of monkeys in the world outside Africa. also there is a tank museum there too.

West Bay is only 20 minutes away and is worth a look.

taking a stroll around Hardy's house and Hardy's monument is nice too.

we were there a couple of years ago for the second week in October and it was baking hot so we played badminton on the beach alot.

I second the recommendation for the 3 attractions at Abbotsbury - the farm is particularly fun with animals and play barns / outdoor play areas, the gardens are good for them using up excess energy and there is a feeding time at the swannery which is fun.

Apart from that, we enjoyed beach activities at Weymouth and Lyme Regis.

Also, you must visit the Hive Beach Cafe just past Bridgeport.

Have fun!

Weymouth beach is fantastic. As children my Sister and I always used to insist on going swimming (or at least paddling) whatever the weather (coldest ever was a snowy Easter day). If you don't fancy getting wet, there's the swing boats (big rope driven swings), trampolines, punch and judy, donkey rides and beautiful sand sculptures. Also, a few miles out on the road out of Weymouth there's the Cresta Run (a big bumpy slide).

Hope you have fun!