Transport in south london

A Victoria Line Extension will only happen if it can be used to transfer public money into the pockets of property developers / speculators. Benefits of transport projects to local communities are not considered to constitute a business case... only public investment for private profit. Apparently

All I'm adding to this is that the transport in our area is shocking and seems to be getting worse instead of better.

reduced bus services, overcrowded trains not to mention dangerously overcrowded interchange at Canada water to the Jubilee line, and rammed westbound jubilee line platform.

I dread my commute.

A full time student I know 'purchased' a travel card for over ?200 last week to begin this Monday just gone. She got on a bus and the Oyster did not update so she had to pay her fares all day. She took the receipt for the travel card with her on Tuesday and was allowed through and TFL told her she had to purchase ANOTHER travel card and claim the first one back...and whomever she spoke to said 'it's happening all the time'...this has to be some kind of Kafka-esque joke!

The only realistic option for the Victoria line is to run it as a loop service to Herne Hill and back to Brixton.

It's worth noting that there are delays in getting new Overground stock onto the lines that are getting them, alas the current stock is still in use on the Watford line, so no extension of the current Clapham/Crystal Palace services which really need to be up to six trains per hour.