Transport in south london

alex_b Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> An 8:40 is really only useful if your office is right by London Bridge

BrandNewGuy Wrote:

> I know plenty of people who start work in town at 9.30

Trains are consistently busy from around 7am-9am. Whether 8:40 is more useful than 7:40 is entirely subjective and pretty much irrelevant. We used to have a good peak frequency, and now we don't.

fishbiscuits Wrote:

> Trains are consistently busy from around 7am-9am.

> Whether 8:40 is more useful than 7:40 is entirely

> subjective and pretty much irrelevant. We used to

> have a good peak frequency, and now we don't.

Yes agreed this is more the point - we'd like our pre-LB works frequency of service back, rather than whether we should have a 07.40 or an 08.40. Let's not settle, we used to have both, we should have both again!

I'm going to ask at the next 'meet the managers' thing at LB - whenever that is.

Okay I have found this... https://www.transformingrail.com/download-southern-metro-weekday-timetables

Whilst it looks like it's now in the consultation stage, from May 2018 the 'Wimbledon Loop' (ED to LB) service should revert to once every ten minutes.

Departing Mon-Fri from ED to LB at 07.02, 07.08, 07.23, 07.32, 07.38, 07.53, 08.02, 08.08, 08.23, 08.32 and 08.38 (and only taking 13 minutes into LB again)

And once every ten minutes Mon-Fri in the evening too between 16.44 and 18.44.

Hoo-blooming-rah!

JW Wrote:

> Okay I have found this...

> https://www.transformingrail.com/download-southern

> -metro-weekday-timetables

>

> Whilst it looks like it's now in the consultation

> stage, from May 2018 the 'Wimbledon Loop' (ED to

> LB) service should revert to once every ten

> minutes.

>

> Departing Mon-Fri from ED to LB at 07.02, 07.08,

> 07.23, 07.32, 07.38, 07.53, 08.02, 08.08, 08.23,

> 08.32 and 08.38 (and only taking 13 minutes into

> LB again)

>

> And once every ten minutes Mon-Fri in the evening

> too between 16.44 and 18.44.

>

> Hoo-blooming-rah!

Thank God!

> but a strange 15-17 minute gap both ways late in the peak (morning 08:38-08:53)

It's just the standard roughly equally-spaced half-hourly services from W. Croydon and Beckenham Junction, that would make for four 15 minute intervals, augmented until 09:32 by the half-hourly Thameslink Sutton-Wimbledon loop trains diverted from their usual route through Herne Hill. So you still get two fifteen minute gaps per peak hour, and four shorter ones.

I seem to remember a while ago there were comments that the London Overground service from Clapham Junction to Dalston would be increased to 6 TPH from the current 4 during 2018. Wondered if anyone had an info on this - or was it just an optimistic dream on my part?

goldilocks Wrote:

> I seem to remember a while ago there were comments

> that the London Overground service from Clapham

> Junction to Dalston would be increased to 6 TPH

> from the current 4 during 2018. Wondered if

> anyone had an info on this - or was it just an

> optimistic dream on my part?

It will happen eventually once new trains are transferred onto the Overground Watford line, which will give them extra units to operate on the ELL/SLL. There are also an extra 2 trains per hour planned for Crystal Palace as well.

• 8 months later...

TFL have decided that although it would benefit the local community, there is ?no business case? for reopening Camberwell station : https://www.camberwellonline.co.uk/2018/09/tfl-no-business-case-to-reopen-camberwell-train-station/

It appears that TFL aren?t about serving the transport needs of local communities, but only about finding ways to divert public money into the pockets of developers in order to subsidise investment vehicles / luxury flats.

The station in Camberwell was a sop in return for supporting the Bakerloo line extension through OKR.

TFL have also confirmed no Bakerloo line extension stop at Bricklayers Arms - maybe the whole project is being scaled back ... notice at the end of the article "if funding is secured" - we're talking post Brexit.

https://www.southwarknews.co.uk/news/tfl-rules-out-bricklayers-arms-tube-station-in-bakerloo-line-extension-plans/

edcam Wrote:

> But it's not a sop if we're not getting it. Our

> transport gets worse and worse as they build more

> and more flats.

Agreed - Why should residents of Camberwell and Peckham now support the Bakerloo Line extension (obviously there are some reasons) - especially as it seems public funding is now needed to make up the cost (which will increase).

TFL should be providing transport where there is demand for it. Not subsidising luxury flats (which invariably end up being sold off plan to overseas buyers). At the same time the council homes we've paid to be built are sold at less than market value and end up in the hands of private landlords (with taxpayers then having to also subsidise the increased rents). It's an absolute scam.

Why are our taxes are being poured into the pockets of private landlords and property developers? It infuriates me that they can say that reopening the station would 'serve the local community' but that there is 'no business case'? TFL are meant to be in the business of serving London's 'local communities'. They're funded by our taxes, in order to provide transport infrastructure, not to act as an arm of Galliard FFS.

• 3 weeks later...

Earlier in this thread (January), it was mentioned that there would more trains on the crystal palace- Dalston junction overground line from 2018, and more on the Clapham junction- Dalston junction line in 2019... Anyone know if this is still happening? Guess not as no direct mention of it here

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/london-overground/improving-london-overground#on-this-page-0

• 3 months later...

A Victoria line extension would be ace!!

I heard they wanted to do that a few years ago but all the locals complained.... I don't know which 'locals' though because no one ever asked me or anyone i know here!! We are all for it!!

If you get this started i'd totally be up for helping.