burglaries in Forest Hill/East Dulwich areas

concita

Apologies if that came across as harsh Concita - it wasn't meant to :-)

Once upon a time I was a very happy East Dulwich resident (despite being mugged on my own street back in April) but since this thread started up i've become a nervous wreck. Whereas I would once attribute creaks in the night to my neighbours comings and goings, I now always presume that it's someone trying to get in and do me harm and then I can't sleep for the rest of the night!

Concita, I was at a Police ward panel meeting last week and burglary in Peckham Rye and Nunhead is at the same low level it has been for some time. Our ward panel officers also talked about crime and burglary levels accross the borough and neighbouring wards which, with the exception of Peckham, are also at the same below average levels they've been at for some time.

Cutting and pasting from other forums, sites not anything to do with ED, is indicative of your crusade to prove your misaprehension that there's an extraordinary crime wave in the area. Two burglars were caught and arrested in Barry Road recently and low and behold...the recent spate of burglaries in ED have dropped off. That tells you something.

By all means it is good for people to know when a burglary team are in town, but if they are prolific they eventually get caught. As a result overall, and accross the year, burglary levels are lower than average in ED. That there are periodic spikes doesn't change that. Scaring people never achieves anything but leaving them afraid in their own homes. Time to give it a rest Concita perhaps.