QUICK: need advice about induction due to have one tomorrow am

Hurrah and many congrats! Lovely to read the news.

I'm sure you don't care what he weighed but 4kgs is 8lb 13oz, the imperial equivalent.

As Fuschia says, a kilo is 2.2 lbs so 4kgs is 8.8lbs and 0.8 lbs * 16 oz is 13 oz.

(NB 0.8lb is not equal to 8 oz!)

Anyway, lovely news and so glad it seemed to be quick and easy, thank goodness.

To be exact he is 4.074 Kg according to the little blue card the gave us. Midwife told me I only sustained a 1st degree tear but I think she was being not totally truthfull as the midwife that visited me today had it down as a 2nd degree. But I have to say I feel it less than first time around.

Thank you so much for all the lovely messages makes me rather emotional reading the whole thread!

Now we really need to decide on a name - will refrain posting pics until we do

Congratulations on your bouncing baby boy! So pleased you managed to avoid an induction, I had one and never again!!

I hope your tear does not cause you too much discomfort, I had a third degree episiotomy tear, so I know the discomfort. I found salty baths excellent, despite half the midwives telling me to avoid salty baths and the other half encouraging me to take salty bath ( the consultant said salty baths are great to aid healing).

I hope someone is taking care of you so you can spend the first few weeks sleeping and adjusting to the new addition ruling the house!