Improved train services from East/North Dulwich

TJMP

peterstorm1985 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I presume everyone has read this

> Bakerloo extension paper

This is going to be discussed at the Southwark Transport Consultative Group on Wed 8th December 6pm at the Town Hall Peckham Road. If you are keen on the idea come along!

ed_pete Wrote:

> Why presume ?

Because it's been around for a while but still current and it came up so easily on a Google search. Nero asked James for info. I had a moment to spare so looked it up, but I didn't want to appear to be doubting Nero's internet search capabilities by offering something that might be common knowledge. I suppose I should have said "everyone who is interested". I'm not that interested which is why I hadn't looked for the information previously, so it was new to me.

I always thought this kind of made sense. Those living very close, or to the west of Loughborough Junction can easilly wak to Brixton overground and underground. Those north or east of Loughborough Junction could eailly still walk to a station at Camberwell Green.

A station at Camberwell Green would place a lot more people close to a rail station.

James Barber Wrote:

>

> Hi Nero,

> Network Rail has stated that if a railway station

> were opened at Camberwell they would close

> loughborough Junction station as it would be so

> close. You can imagine how popular that would be.

> I actually believe extending the Bakerloo Line is

> much more likely.

Excellent news. Now how about seeing what can be done to reverse the (frankly) barking mad decision to abolish the London Bridge to Victoria service that serves Denmark Hill. That route is the backbone of Denmark Hill's services and very well used by people working at, or visiting, the Maudsley and King's College hospitals.