The disrespecting of remembrance day by Muslim extremists!!

untamedstylist

It?s not really cricket is it but then there really are more important things to be outraged by than 35 arseholes who think it?s big and clever to be rude about an international day of tribute to the dead.

What I find more offensive is that there actually exists something called the English Defence League who had gathered nearby to have some sort of nationalist barney with these idiots.

Some Muslims I know who are not extreme oe even active do have a thing about the West and their crusades in the past. Can't blame them really because we did go and slaughter thousands of them in the name of Christianity. Some see the current Western push against Muslim countries as a renewal of the original crusades.

I'm not a fan of war myself and don't really go in for the whole poppy thing so the actions of the 35 Muslims (who didn't seem particularly extreme to me) didn't shock or outrage me.

Is it any worse than burning other symbols in protest?

The original poster said it shouldn't be allowed.

Why not? Because their views might not reflect those of the mainstream?

You might not be happy with the way that they expressed their anger at what they see as a Western Crusade against Muslims, but aren't they entitled to express that view? Or do you think the State should control the population's rights to assembly and/or protest?

How can anyone be pissed off with the west for the crusades? That's ludicrous.

That's like still being pissed off with the Mongols for Gengis Khan.

Plus it's a bit having it both ways to remember their being invaded, but conveniently forgetting the fact that the original Muslim Arabs invaded pretty much everyone, including Spain and France 300 years before the crusades, and invaded Europe again 300 years later, stopped at the gates of Vienna.

Anyway, even discussing Islam in respect to this is missing the point. Islamism as a political philosophy owes an infinitely greater debt to Robespierre than it does Mohammed.

ImpetuousVrouw Wrote:

---------------------------------------------

> You might not be happy with the way that they

> expressed their anger at what they see as a

> Western Crusade against Muslims, but aren't they

> entitled to express that view?

I think you may be crediting this particular group with more brains than they actually have.

Spelling and grammar tend to be learnt sometime before you get to university. Did I say I was a writer or university educated? It is not a little error your writing in both posts is erratic and hard to follow. I'm not a perfect writer, in fact I am actually dyslexic but I still manage. I'm not going to be blamed for misunderstanding if you cannot convey yourself clearly.

Either way, a poppy is a symbol for something bigger but in itself is just a bit of paper and plastic. Don't let the actions of a few dent your bolder belief in something. Cartoons, satirists and general idiots in this country take the piss out of muslims all the time. It is not worth starting a war over now is it. That would be my response. Also, sometimes by giving airtime to nonsense just fuels more hate one way or another. Calm it.

untamedstylist Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Berry berry I do appologies if my illiterate

> writing confused u somewhat, I guess we are not

> all writers but we can get our point across pretty

> clearly to those with an open mind who don't

> criticise EVERYTHING that does not conform to

> Thier standards!!!!!! God I hate nit pickers, god

> forgive someone might make a grammatical error or

> not write something in the format

> traditionalised!!!! We didn't all have university

> diplomas in writers skills shame on me for

> studying non academic subjects... FML!!!