Grand opening of Memsaab Indian Cuisine

Memsaab

Wimpole Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi Sue,

>

> I think its the same as this one:

>

> http://sites.kukd.com/dulwich-tandoori/menu?_ga=1.

> 232648411.536847167.1490706792

Thanks, but that link goes to a menu headed Dulwich Tandoori.

Surely they can't have an identical menu to the Dulwich Tandoori?

They aren't connected to the Dulwich Tandoori, are they?

ETA: Oh sorry, I see they have posted a menu, I'll have a look at that.

Sue Wrote:

> Wimpole Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Hi Sue,

> >

> > I think its the same as this one:

> >

> >

>

> > 232648411.536847167.1490706792

>

>

>

> Thanks, but that link goes to a menu headed

> Dulwich Tandoori.

>

> Surely they can't have an identical menu to the

> Dulwich Tandoori?

Sorry Sue...just my joke on average curry fare.

Wimpole Wrote:

> Sorry Sue...just my joke on average curry fare.

Don't worry... I got it.

The menu is generally surplus to requirements at these places anyway. Lamb Madras, chicken biryani, garlic naan, poppadoms, bhajis. Beer. Mango lassi for the nipper.

Wimpole Wrote:

> Sue Wrote:

> -----

> > Wimpole Wrote:

> >

>

> > -----

> > > Hi Sue,

> > >

> > > I think its the same as this one:

> > >

> > >

> >

>

> >

> > > 232648411.536847167.1490706792

> >

> >

> >

> > Thanks, but that link goes to a menu headed

> > Dulwich Tandoori.

> >

> > Surely they can't have an identical menu to the

> > Dulwich Tandoori?

>

>

> Sorry Sue...just my joke on average curry fare.

Yeh, sorry, I was a bit slow there. OK very slow :))

A few dishes available from Memsaab a little different.

Chicken Chakuri

Taba Ghost Lahori

Mishti Kadu Gosht or Chicken

Kurchan Chicken

Chicken or Lamb Sathkara

Achari Chicken or Lamb

Kata Masala

Duck Silsila

Chicken Dipali

Duck or Fish Goan Coconut Curry

Rupchanda (Bangladeshi Pomfret Barbecued fish dish)

Chicken Chilli Jaipuri

Yes they do the usual stuff as well... but there is a choice if you bother to look.

DulwichFox

I visited Memsaab on Friday and had a great meal. Food was fresh and tasty. Based on the food that I had on Friday, I'd say it's one of the best on Lordship Lane. The question is whether they can keep it up - I hope they do! See you soon, Memsaab.

• 2 weeks later...

We appreciated your valuable feedback, however I do apologies for any inconvenience or dissatisfied by any comments. Our main aim is to provide high standard and friendly service to all our customers by offering traditional Indian food and also to provide quality and quick home delivery services. We take all our customers feedback positively and effectively. This will give us an opportunity to improve and develop our service as well as recognise the interest of our customers. We always review and make changes to provide quality services.

We are appreciating your continued support and happy to provide decent service.

Please don?t hesitate to give us any compliment or feedback.

Thanks

We had a take away from Memsaab last weekend and thought it was really good - we got one of the Thali meals where you get lots of little bits of food plus rice and a naan. Different from what we've had from other local restaurants, decent value and was hot on arrival.

• 2 months later...

Hi

I really liked this food, but I'm sorry to say that it gave me severe food poisoning on Monday night. I will not be ordering again until I have heard from the restaurant that they have improved their health and safety procedures.

If they'd like to talk to me about my order I'd be happy to. I don't wish to take away any business from a local business but if it happened once it can certainly happen again, so they should really look into this.

Helen

We ate there on Sunday night and had a nice meal with no ill effects.

Have you actually told Memsaab that you were ill? It isn't clear from your post. How can you be sure it was their food which made you ill? When you say "severe food poisoning", did you see a doctor? Severe food poisoning surely lasts more than a night?

If you are sure it was their food which made you ill, shouldn't you be reporting it to the council or whoever deals with health issues in local restaurants?

You say you don't wish to take away any business form a local business, but posting as you did is surely likely to, and I see you registered on the forum today just to post this, so I really hope you are 100% sure that there is an issue with Memsaab's kitchen procedures.

I should add that I have also eaten a nice meal at this restaurant with no ill effects.

However, I was travelling back from France on Monday with my partner. We ate the same things apart from the takeaway curry (he didn't get food poisoning). It occurred about 2 hours after I ate the curry. I call it severe food poisoning because I am still off work today on Wednesday and haven't been able to eat much more than a cracker since.

I have indeed contacted Memsaab via the order company as I wasn't able to get through on the phone. I'm sorry if I have offended you with my comments, but I believe this forum is to report issues as well as just say nice things! I thought it was important that if someone gets food poisoning from a restaurant that others are aware of it. Hopefully this will make the restaurant improve their food preparation/cooking procedures.

As you advise, I will also contact the council.

I couldn't agree more. Like many others, this business is working really hard to establish itself. I hope they read this and take the opportunity to respond. Can you know, beyond any reasonable doubt, that it was food poisoning and not something you might have picked up abroad?

Sue Wrote:

> We ate there on Sunday night and had a nice meal

> with no ill effects.

>

> Have you actually told Memsaab that you were ill?

> It isn't clear from your post. How can you be sure

> it was their food which made you ill? When you say

> "severe food poisoning", did you see a doctor?

> Severe food poisoning surely lasts more than a

> night?

>

> If you are sure it was their food which made you

> ill, shouldn't you be reporting it to the council

> or whoever deals with health issues in local

> restaurants?

>

> You say you don't wish to take away any business

> form a local business, but posting as you did is

> surely likely to, and I see you registered on the

> forum today just to post this, so I really hope