The What Time D'You Call This Thread

Moos

Baby up at 4am feeding sleepily but with blocked nose. 4.30am first attempt at putting down. 4.45am pick up due to fussing discover nappy leaked. Hubby changes baby happily cooing and wide awake. Baby feeds more then dies massive poo . We start the process all over again. Whatc the point of sleeping anyway?

I was still up at 1am trying to get the baby to feed (huge oversupply problem here atm and milk gushing everywhere, sure my body is expecting to be feeding twins) and I endedup giving him by bottle some milk I'd expressed off earliert I was so engorged. Just expressed again, 9oz off each side, in the hope he will be able to latch on when he wakes up!

I wish I'd been on the forum right after i gave birth! It would have made perfect reading for nighttime feeds. I was usually up from at least 3-6am with more feeds on either side.

LeilahB: My little one went through a stage of grunting after his feeds. He would keep us awake for hours!! He seemed happy enough, though, and sometimes he was even doing it in his sleep. About 2 weeks ago I noticed he had stopped doing it, and there doesn't seem to be any particular reason why. I think it was around 10 weeks that he stopped, so don't worry, it won't last forever!

morning, I've been up with my poorly one for the last hour. She also has the evil cough so each time she was almost back to sleeep she woke up. Have done whole lullaby CD to no avail. Given up & feedingnow. I'm trying to give up breastfeeding (down to one feed at 5/6am normally) in vain hope that it'll help with the sleeping through (she's 17 months & I work FT, exhausting even with Daddy on duty for the first wake) but then when she's ill I'm so grateful I have this lovely soothing comfort for her.

She's been coughing for 10 days, is happy enough during the day and has no fever but I'm wonderung if I shld take her to the Drs on Monday just because it's not shifting. Had been calpol/ibuprofen/cough lintusing in first days as it was a cold. Would you go? I hate to waste Drs time if it's just normal winter bugs, especially as will have to plead/demand appt as daily ones v scarce. Is this normal for this age?

& on a more frivolous note, who got kicked off the Xfactor last night? Was catching up on live Corrie episode on the telly box and forgot to flick over). Motherhood for me = never watching anything in real time ever again!

Morning Yorkie (evening where I am). Hope your little one gets better quickly - my son picked up the East Dulwich cough before we left for NZ, which is over two weeks ago now, and he's still coughing. Like your LO, he doesn't have a temperature and seems fine otherwise so I'm just keeping a close eye on it for now.

According to Mr Pickle, who's still in London, Cher got kicked off last night - so it's between One Direction, Rebecca and Matt - I'm hoping Matt wins! I fully appreciate the lack of life I have that I'm on holiday on the other side of the world yet still concerned with the goings on in X Factor! I guess it also says something about my hubby, who has a house to himself and the ability to go out partying till all hours without a grumpy wife to deal with - he turned down a night out with the guys he plays hockey with and sat in by himself watching X Factor :)

Lovely thanks Yorkie, nice sunny days, not too hot - I'm not looking forward to returning to the UK in early January, will be a shock to the system (although it will be nice to get home, as after 3 weeks living with my parents I'm now acting like a 14 year old in a 36 year old's body...)

Anyone else awake right now? It's freezing! Just got up to put heating on so it's warm and cosy for my daughter and her daddy when they wake up.

So tired....bleeding, cracked nipples and just generally painful breasts from baby sucking so hard. Is that bit normal? Beginning to think seriously about introducing the odd bottle of formula every now and then if things don't get a little easier. I'm sure I'm not giving this poor little chap as much milk as he wants. But I'll persevere a bit longer and see if my milk supply picks up.

Well today is the start of the arctic weather isn't it? Cabin fever may set in as so much harder to get out and about and get things done....but could make for a very beautiful Christmas!

agree its freezing! have just put the heating on but it always takes ages for the house to feel toasty.

Trish if your nipples are craked and bleeding it could also be thrush, might be worth checking with your gp if theres a cream? also, don't know if you have read knomesters fab thread on breastfeeding? will see if i can find a link for you. How old is your baby? I remember my first sucking and sucking on what must have been a fairly empty boob for hours in the evening, v painful.

Hello ladies - sorry taken so long to respond to your kind questions. He's 4 weeks old, and putting on lots of weight in what's only been a short time - he was 9lb 4oz at the last weigh in and 7lb 1oz when born. He had a cold at 3 weeks so I got lazy with the latch - he was having so much trouble breathing if he was getting milk down him I let jim do whatever was necessary....and I think I'm paying the price now. But it's painful deep inside the breast on one side - I just think he can't get enough out quickly enough.

He is feeding if I used a nipple shield but doesn't seem to get as much milk which may exacerbate the problem. He can even make me bleed through the shields. So I tried pumping but if blood goes into the milk do I need to discard it and resterilise the bottle?

I know I'll get through the cracked nipple bit - I just need to grit my teeth and use lots of different positions! The other pain is something I haven't experienced before. Just wondered if others had. Thanks for that link Helen - I'll look at it in more detail.

Have just spent the entire day waiting for a package which I've just found out won't be delivered so have to do it all over again on Monday! Grrrr! Have managed to feed baby boy though - I think it might be getting slighy easier. Lansinoh is helpful!

It just takes on the look of strawberry milkshake!! But good to know I can still use it - it becomes so precious when I don't feel I'm providing him with enough as it is. Thanks for your advice - if things don't improve over the weekend then I'll seek some help - don't fancy going through Christmas like this.