Crap education.

Tarot

A relatives daughter,could read before she started school,a very bright kidwho looked forward to going to school.

When she went to school,she was out of place from the off, the other kids could hardly talk properly let alone read

This resulted in her holding up name cards for the class or being told to go and read a book on her own.

They the sent her to the nursery class where she helped the teacher look after the tots,all so wrong.

Eventually she moved to this area and went to Heber rd school, she enjoyed that better, but was still sent to look

after younger children.

The headmaster at the time was more interested in dramatic art.

In time she moved on to Waverly girls school on the Rye,

At this place she was bullied,and attacked,just because she was more educated than her peers.

THe school at the time. (its pulled down now) tried to cover the main bullys back,by saying she came from a broken home,and the smoking of pot in the toilets was a one off thing.

The girls spirit was broken, the education department would not help with alternative education either.

Her mother eventally gave her home tution.she is now a very successful women who passed all her degrees, and put that past all behind her.

Tarot Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> A relatives daughter,could read before she started

> school,a very bright kidwho looked forward to

> going to school.

> When she went to school,she was out of place from

> the off, the other kids could hardly talk properly

> let alone read

> This resulted in her holding up name cards for

> the class or being told to go and read a book on

> her own.

> They the sent her to the nursery class where she

> helped the teacher look after the tots,all so

> wrong.

> Eventually she moved to this area and went to

> Heber rd school, she enjoyed that better, but was

> still sent to look

> after younger children.

> The headmaster at the time was more interested in

> dramatic art.

> In time she moved on to Waverly girls school on

> the Rye,

> At this place she was bullied,and attacked,just

> because she was more educated than her peers.

> THe school at the time. (its pulled down now)

> tried to cover the main bullys back,by saying she

> came from a broken home,and the smoking of pot in

> the toilets was a one off thing.

> The girls spirit was broken, the education

> department would not help with alternative

> education either.

> Her mother eventally gave her home tution.she is

> now a very successful women who passed all her

> degrees, and put that past all behind her.

Thankfully a happy ending but I'm sorry when I saw "Waverley" come after tales of her being different i.e Very clever, I knew that "bullying" was a certainty having lived in Peckham and being very familiar with that infamous seat of learning ( Not ! )....

I'm really pleased for her and the fact that they could not break her spirit.

Unfortunately this happens all the, time if a students is smart she has to hide it which is appalling schools have a reasonability and a duty of care something similar happen to a friend of mine and the school did nothing she took the girls parents to court and successfully prosecute them apparently if the child who is doing the bulling is under 16 you can take the parents to court who fail to act this.

I forgot to add that she contacted a place called "Education Otherwise" who gave her information about opting out

of the system.

The legal aspect, and contacts of others in her area who had already took that step,and they could all join in offering

various education, and skills if she wanted.

I believe there are even more groups now that could be contacted.

I wrote this post in case there was anyone out there who is in dispair about their kids,or kids even who may feel

hopeless. Hope it helps.

Keef Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Sorry, but why the @#$%& did this talented girl

> end up going to waverley?

That is what I was "politely" lol trying to say.

Its very well being idealistic but Parents have to have a "reality check" and anyone with an oz of "savvy" could have told her the inevitable outcome. I do mean "inevitable" sadly.

Peer pressure means many kids don't do "different" its sad to say.

I must add that this occured some years back, I have no idea how that annexe school is now, but I think things have

not changed much

The young woman I was talking about, is now a producer and director and making films, her mother is proud of her and

rightly so.

I dont know why they stopped the old grammer school system, logic is there will always be some people brighter than others, my old mum used to say" theres thinkers and doers" and one cant work without the other"

ell Keef ,her mum never had any money to speak of,she was not offered any other placement in this area.

After asking for a grant for Allwyns school , she was told by the education department there were no funds no help

at all, just threats of prosecution at the time.

Looking at the schools now, its got far far worse.

Maybe that is the only school that was available at the time Keef it is very difficult to get your child in your school of choice they now give you four choices and that also does not guarantee you your choice. I had the same experience when choosing the right school for my daughter it was very stressful at the time lucky enough she got in my first choice City of London.