-------------------------------------------------------

> Is this a who dunnit mystery.at the end of the

> day.I bet everyone on here as had good or bad as

> you say run ins with well know institutions.if

> your afraid to name them .just delete this crap or

> give better clues ffs.

How many clues do you want?

http://www.dulwichpicturegallery.org.uk/about/working-with-us/volunteering/

Personally I'd have some sympathy with the OP if so. Some people may recall the internal reorg the DPG did a couple of years back which I think some of the then staff feared was likely to lead to relying more on volunteers and a drop in service. While it's great that people choose to give up their time for good causes let's not forget that there is also a commercial aspect to the decision to staff in this way. The DPG and Dulwich Estate aren't exactly poor.

Are they connected with Dulwich Estate, RPC??

Just had a look at their website. Obviously, they don't say which are paid staff and which are volunteers, but they list 36 staff. 36!!! And that's not including cafe staff.

Done some googling. According to their history, on his death Sir Francis Bourgeois donated the painting collection he had amassed with his partner Desenfans to Dulwich College. His friend Sir John Soane was asked to help with the building and they were originally going to use the west wing of the college but found it too delapidated so designed a new one. Perhaps these days the gallery has its own charitable status but its history suggests it's part of the Dulwich Estate.

Hopefully someone out there knows the right answer.

I guess we should also add that the OP hasn't confirmed this is who she meant so this could be a complete red herring.

Robert Poste's Child Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I guess we should also add that the OP hasn't confirmed this is who she meant so this could be a

> complete red herring.

She could be an agent of DPG - post a vague complaint message, insinuate (but not say) it is DPG, then wait for someone to say something actionable...

Or I've been watching too much ITV3.

There were an average of 70 paid staff (58 full-time equivalents) for the year to 31/3/16, and 80 (55 FTE) for the previous year. Of those, 38 were involved in "Collection and building" (previous year 49). The total annual staff costs were ?1.879m, (previous year ?1.85m). The "Aggregated cost of senior management team comprising of Directors and Chief Curator" were ?374,000 (previous year ?338,000). All these figures are from the accounts section of the 2015-16 annual review (22 MB) available at http://www.dulwichpicturegallery.org.uk/about/annual-reviews/

According to the report in the Print Charity Details option at http://apps.charitycommission.gov.uk/Showcharity/RegisterOfCharities/CharityWithPartB.aspx?RegisteredCharityNumber=1040942 Dulwich Picture Gallery Trust reported 58 employees, 50 volunteers for the year ending 31/3/16.