8 June

Nigello

????..more credibility for brexit?

She doesn t seem to know even the basic in economy and business. Everybody can see that..

Not sure about Her negotiating skills as she managed to put off 27 countries before even starting a brexit that should have been orderly, collaborative and friendly

She has made a number of spectacular U turns on pretty much every subject in spite of "strong and stable"

She campaigned and voted as a remainer..

Yeap..credibilty ...

Even though most of us might wish Jeremy good luck today, there is a potential problem if he ever becomes prime minister.

Based on an imaginary scenario of him applying to join MI5, MI6 or GCHQ, he would be rejected outright because of his past stance on several issues and his association with the likes of the IRA, Hamas and Hizbollah, etc , plus the fact that his adviser (Andrew Murray) is a member of the Communist Party. He would be considered a major security risk.

Every prime minister has to receive security briefings of the most secret nature and this presents a major issue should JC ever get to No10. Probably also the US, Canadian, and Australian intelligence agencies with whom we have a info sharing arrangement, might well decide to terminate co-operation.

The law of unintended consequences may dictate a very embarassing situation.

One Who Does Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Every prime minister has to receive security

> briefings of the most secret nature and this

> presents a major issue should JC ever get to No10.

Although the PM is subject to the OSA, as an MP s/he is not subject to vetting. Also under the Intelligence Services Act the security agencies are legally obliged to disclose all relevant information to the PM and would be in breach of the law if they didn't.

The idea that the security agencies would refuse to disclose information to Corbyn as PM is as far fetched as...well, as Corbyn being PM, unfortunately.

Borky Wrote:

> an utter waste of time. Corbyn or May is like

> asking whether you want stabbed in the face or

> slashed across the throat. And don't me started on

> the libdem vermin.

..Nobody likes him..nobody trust her..

At least he has been strong and stable in his positions since ever and will work for the country no for herself or for her lust for power

that s how i see it

She knows nothing about economy, has been saying everything and the opposite and she is more of a remeiner than he is..

You know anyway where conservative gonna take the country....is it?

Borky Wrote:

> This place is jam packed with fools and lunatics -

> and not in a good way - where have they all come

> from since I got sent to devils islands last time

> ?

Barometer of cultural sensitivity and sanity has spoken.

miga Wrote:

> Borky Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > This place is jam packed with fools and lunatics

> -

> > and not in a good way - where have they all

> come

> > from since I got sent to devils islands last

> time

> > ?

>

> Barometer of cultural sensitivity and sanity has

> spoken.

Borky is not real - the poltroonery on show seems to from proper people

I have to agree borky. Some absolute fruit cakes knocking about on this forum recently. With the exception of some informed and diplomatic voices from some of the EDF stalwarts, threads like these are taken completely off topic and into the extremes of rational thinking. I miss the good old days of polite, cordial debates, that were never personal, and resulted in good will despite defined differences between intelligent minds. It's good to know some of us remain dignified in our responses. Bring back 2007.

Louisa.

Now that much of the rancour, lofty idealism and tribalism has faded from this thread, it might be appropriate to pass on the comments of one foreign observer

Quote?

I note with regret that few if any, will recall the comments made by the late JFK during his visit to Berlin when he famously said "Ich bin ein Berliner". His crunch point was " Ask not what your country can do for you. Rather ask what you can do for your country"! Not one of the political parties articulated those sentiments. Shame on you all

?????????..

This foreign observer has actually mixed up JFK's inaugural address with his Berlin speech but the underlying sentiment is the same.