ED Good Deed Feed

RicB

I really am loving the stories on here. It is so nice to hear so many positive and lovely stories. Talking of buses I have two stories of nice people.

One was a drunken accidental bus trip to Penge one Christmas. I had fallen asleep only to be woken by the bus driving who was shouting as this woman dipped her hand into my handbag and ran off with my purse. He got out of his carriage and chased after down the street with me running behind him and the women thought better of it and dropped it, which he fetched and handed back to me.

And more recently, a lovely lady work me up on the 176 after falling asleep on the way home from work and right at my exact stop!

Thank you to the lovely, if utterly plastered, chap who helped me carry my Christmas suitcase (complete with Ma-on Tees's Christmas cake) up the stairs at the station. You were a whisky soaked swaying angel from heaven and if I had been able to reach up with out precariously toppling you over, I would have given you a Christmas kiss.

A couple of months ago, my partner was in a black cab from the airport home, it was around 10pm at night. He spent the entire trip talking on the phone to his business partner regarding the trip he just had. The cab arrived home and just step out of the car leaving his luggage behind.

We realised what had happened a couple of minutes after he got in, the cab had long gone. Going through lost and found section on Black Cab website means that it will take a couple of days if we were lucky to get the luggage back as they have to follow some set rules... I was so upset because I have some items I really wanted the next day in the luggage.

About an hour later, the cab driver showed up and said he only noticed when he wanted to clean up and only asked us to pay for his trip back as it is recorded in the meter...needless to say that we tip him generously but it is all worth it and was happily surprised that a non local cab will be so nice. By the way, he said his heart melted when he saw a soft toy monkey tail sticking out of the side bag indicating it is a gift for a little kid!

I would like to thank the lady who sprang to my aid on lordship lane, when Elsabel started projectile vomitting whilst in the hip hammock. Seeing my plight she whipped out a packet of baby wipes and scrubbed us both clean with a smile and a bit of well needed sympathy and made my day!

Hugs and Thanks if that was you!!

What a cool idea for a thread, hope it continues...

this was something I witnessed that I still think about.

I was coming back from a night out and passing through Elephant and Castle tube station, two girls were drunk and winding up a really rough looking man who had obviously just tried to chat them up and been knocked back. We were all waiting for the lift together with one other man who was stood behind me. I was getting really anxious as I could see the situation was getting out of hand because the girls were taunting this man and he was a bit volatile. There were no staff about.

Then the rough looking man just lost it, he picked up a nearby glass bottle, smashed the end off and lunged at the girls shouting "you want some?". The girls started screaming hysterically and quick as a flash, the man standing behind me, darted straight in front of the other man and said very calmly but confidently "You really don't want to do that mate, put it down now". The other man looked at him for a few tense moments, then he smashed the bottle down and ran off.

The girls ran away into another lift and the man and I got in the same lift. I was so relieved and grateful and told this man what an amazing thing he'd just done and said those girls should thank you but they're not going to so I will. He said to me, "what kind of man would I be if I let that happen and didn't try to do anything?"

People are so different, while some are just vile, others are incredible, I still can't believe he did that.

Manda, that reminds me of something I witnessed in Forest Hill, around 8.30am. A man had obviously challenged some youths about something and he was holding onto one of them for dear life. Other 3 were circling like sharks and no-one was helping. I got out my phone and called 999, but suddenly one youth grabbed a bottle and headed for the man. As one unit, about 3 men who I thought had not been taking any notice all moved forward and got the bottle, the police then arrived, but it restored my faith somewhat in passers by!

my mum's best friend crashed her car a few years back in NZ and ended up in a river, the car submerging. She had her two children in the car with her and managed to get her son out but couldn't reach her daughter, who must have been about 7 at the time. She was obviously beside herself but flagged down a truck driver who jumped onto the car, reached in and dragged out the little girl. He made sure they were all fine then jumped back in the truck and drove off. I don't know how long the daughter was under water for but she told her mum that she needn't have worried as the teachers at school had told them that there would be an air bubble, which she had found and breathed from!