Brand New to East Dulwich - what to do with baby in area?!

Hi!

My partner and I moved to East Dulwich in November, off Lordship Lane. Baby is due 2nd February.

We both work pretty full-on hours and don't know people in the area so haven't had a chance to explore or actually think about what I'll DO with baby once he is born or indeed, when maternity leave starts in 9 days time!

Is there anything local that might occupy one stressed mother and bemused baby? I'm new to pilates, soft play, everything really, so will give anything a go!

Thanks,

M

Hi M, There are loads of things. Do you get SE22 mag through the door? That lists quite a few things. Doing a music class is a nice way to meet some mums and also Bumps and Babes. One o clock club etc are good when they're a bit older... If you have a poke around on here there have been similar threads before.

Good luck with it all.

Anna x

Hi M, there is a thread on the forum called Winter Babies Club. It is a very informal group of local mums who have just had or about to have new babies (mostly first and second timers). We try to meet up for coffee every now and then. Feel free to join us. Debbie

Hi M!

Come along to one of my drop in baby music classes! We'd love to see you there!

Bea's Baby Bop

Drop in music classes for babies and toddlers

Tuesdays/Wednesdays/Fridays 3:30-4:30 pm

Saturdays 10:30-11:30

Family Natural Health centre above Soup Dragon

106 Lordship Lane, East Dulwich

?5, drop in (no need to book beforehand)

Bea

xx

Bumps n Babes is Mon morning and great for new mums to meet... Bea's classes are fab, she plays the guitar and older babies have a go with instruments etc. Baby sensory is good once they are a few months old - various activities and singing, classes held at christian life centre on Honor Oak Rd so not too far, or just search the forum for mums due at around the same time and you're sure to meet a few mummys to be in the same boat - I did! I also met people at Kings hospital classes or if you do NCT classes that's another good way to meet people. Good luck with motherhood :)