Summer babies club (due June, July, August 2011)

Hi all - hope everyone is coping ok with their babies and bumps!

I've had an eventful few weeks with Milo who is over 4 weeks now - including being admitted to hospital with low BP. Hopefully things are ok now though.

I would have loved to meet up tomorrow (and am just about ready for it too) but i have to go to the tongue-tie clinic tomorrow...fingers crossed he doesn't have to have the 'snip'!

Will definitely join you on the next meet up though!

Hope you managed to meet up. It's been lovely to meet some of you and your babies.

Just wanted to let you know baby Samuel arrived on Thursday, we are mainly home at the moment, not very mobile yet but looking forward to meeting again once we are up for outings again.

Sarah xx

Hi there

I am a mum on the forum, expecting my second baby. I am actually due in December, so that's clearly not the reason for writing on the Summer Babies Club.

But I thought I'd mention that I am teaching pregnancy and postnatal (mum and baby) yoga classes in Camberwell. See details below.

If anyone is interested in getting together to know each other and also do a session, I am really happy to try and accomodate a day and time that suits you.

I am mostly free on Thursdays and Fridays during the day. In the evenings, I could do most evenings at 6/6.30 but later only on Mon, Wed and Friday. Or Saturday morning.

Otherwise current classes are PREGNANCY Tuesday 18.15-19.15 + Friday 18- 19 + Saturday 9.30-10.30 / POSTNATAL Thursday 11-12 am.

Let me know.

Pregnancy classes are designed to keep you fit, mobile and energised so that you feel more comfortable within your skin while your body undergoes an amazing transformation. With active exercises we keep the body strong and supple to facilitate labour and aid recovery after birth and we relieve minor ailments common during pregnancy. We also work on the breath to connect you with your growing bump, aid relaxation, give you confidence to relieve pain, facilitate delivery during labour and nurture your emotional well-being.

Postnatal classes focus mainly on the needs of new mums who don't have many opportunities to look after themselves. So, while there might be songs and movements for little ones, we will concentrate on postnatal recovery by rebalancing your body, replenishing your energies, and working on those areas that undergo particular strain during pregnancy, labour and looking after a newborn - 'feeding hunch', back pain, etc. Breathing and relaxation nurture you and help you ride the roller-coaster of mothering which is equally full of love, fun and joy as it is demanding, tiring, and emotional. Yoga provides a positive approach to the prevention and management of these emotions, enabling you to respond with more confidence and grace to the physical and emotional demands of mothering as well as to help you feel more in harmony and at peace.

I offer these classes at home, so they are small with a maximum of 6 participants. This allows me, as a teacher, to offer more dedicated attention and guidance to each student, and offers students a comfortable and safe environment where to share this most wonderful experience of pregnancy and motherhood with each other, thus creating a supportive community. At the end of each session, we spend a few minutes having tea and chatting, unless you need to rush off somewhere.

Classes are held in Camberwell, very near the swimming pool and cost ?7. Because of the limited number of places, please contact me in advance if you want to attend.

For more information, please visit my website www.barbaramella.com

Telephone number 0794 1045004 Email [email protected]

Congratulations on your new arrival Sarah. I also meant to say it was great to meet you the other week in the French Caf?. I was having a stressful time with the hospital pressing me for an induction and talking to you helped restore my sanity somewhat.

Anyway, yes I suppose I should have mentioned that I have HAD A BABY! Sidney was born by c-section on 16 July. I can recommend a c-section, no pushing, no waiting hours to deliver the baby: 15 minutes on the slab and they hand your baby to you. Easy!

Congratulations to the 2 newest additions! Hope mummy's are doing well and can't wait to meet up again!

Rebecca has become very clingy lately so we are working on it..lol...people tell me to let her cry but I find it very hard.. I have been trying though.. so far today has been good, she has been in her play gym for at least 30 minutes so hooray!!! The heat is also a killer when you have a baby in your arms..it gets so sweaty...never thought I would look forward to colder days... lol

Sounds good to me. I'm getting to the cabin fever stage here! God help me, have only had baby 3 weeks, already getting a bit claustrophobic being stuck at home all day with a baby plus my partner who is off work for the summer (he's a teacher).

Now, where is the Dog Free area? I had enough trouble finding the Japanese garden last time...

Nx

If the weather is good and people fancy meeting outdoors again, perhaps in that enclosed bt in PR Pk then we would like to meet up- my toddler is impossible when in cafes etc and the only day I don't have him is Friday. Anyone around next week? I think the second half of the week looks good weatherwise...

I follow but have not posted much on here but I had a daughter on July 10th and would love to meetup with some Moms! I am still getting the hang of getting the pram and her out the door myself, but practice makes perfect I suppose.

Jessica