Best Place to pull?

Dulwich Born And Bred

Where to pull in ED?

Definitely The Bishop! Whether you like it as a pub or not it is where you have the largest concentration of singles (both sexes). It's good on a Friday and Sat as it gets so busy you have plenty of chance rubbing shoulders around the bar area or at an adjacent table. A girl I know also likes to get there early and bag one of the window booths - do that and she says you get a constant stream of guys coming over - especially if you are looking to meet people. I know she has done well on occasion there. It has that vibe about it where eveyone always seems to look at anyone walking in - not in a bad way but just checking them out - I get that feeling on weekends anyway.

As for me (and quite by surprise) I got approached by two nice women last time I was in there. I cant be as ugly as I thought. My girlfriend was not too impressed though and I got in trouble.

Incidentally I will be in there this Friday night (navy v neck jumper, grey t shirt :-) ) and will be with my single male 30 year old friend, friendly, good looking, considerate and with a job in magazines. Thought I'd let you know! We might even hit Inside 72 just for good measure as they do great bourbon.

Also smoking! If you dont then pretend to / take it up and hang around outside - the ban is a great way to meet people.

Anyway what do i know I have a girlfriend and am VERY HAPPY.

AndrewDBlack Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> ChavWivaLawDegree Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > So no married or co-habiting EDers allowed? Or

> > would we have a single & adulterer's night out?

>

> Or even adulterers' - there may more than one ;-)

this is morally wrong, goes against everything I believe in and should be stopped at the earliest opportunity

:(

(okay so that is Mrs LuvPeckham off my back - where does one sign up !!!!)

>:D<

A male friend and I went to the Bishop one Friday evening. We were both fairly hammered as we'd been out in the city straight after work. Chappers had popped out to get some rizlas and I ended up chatting to a fella at the bar. My mate came back and we all carried on chatting. At this stage our "new friend" decided to ask us what we did for a living and this was the point that Chappers decided to spin an elaborate lie. Apparently, I was a radio presenter on Capital radio and he was the producer. It went on from there until I decided to confess that it was a wind up. Needless to say - our new mate was not amused and left the pub.

Haven't had much luck in the Bishop :(

As promised to HeidiHi...I was in The Bishop last night and was sorry not to find her with a bevvy of ED nannies dowing bottles of Chardonnay. It definitely is the best place to pull and if you are sober at 1am in there it is hilarious to watch the happenings around you. We saw two girls get approached by a creepy man in a suit who asked them both back to his "roof terrace". ED is the new Fulham!

Best Bishop highlight - MrBen was approached by a tall very polite and very horsey lady just after midnight who offered the immortal line " Do you work at Barclays Capital? "!!

To which I replied "No I do not".

Great conversation. But that question alone is very telling of the new demographic! What a great line! But like it or not I must face a cold harsh reality - I look like an investment banker.

I used to meet actresses struggling writers and teachers. And people who owned chip shops. And nannys.

God bless The Bishop.

Well I am newly single now, my lovely partner of 12 years got cold feet and decided he no longer wants marriage so alas we have gone our separate ways, so I will be donning my flirty dress with my friends and hitting the local pubs soon, especially now the dark nights , halloween, fireworks, christmas and all the sequins and sparkles season is upon us!

Bonus is I can stagger home in my heels, then again that bloody hill where Townley Centre is kills me, great for toning the bum and thighs but probably not so great in heels and after a bottle or two of wine! ( I live just pass Dulwich Library...is that East Side? yo!)

Investment bankers, struggling writers and actors sounds like they have too much baggage for dating...you know all the eccentric ways and the dark complexs and intensity....I think it might be too much for a simple girl like me!