Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Councillor Renata Hamvas is Chair of the Licensing Committee so she can't do anything because she agrees they can have a licence.  The noise possibly because of the wind went east and so those of us on the east side of the park were bombarded, it was dreadful.  At the meetings I attended - yes Gala boys in their smart suits including the boys in the PR company they'd hired - all said yes yes yes they'd restore it and it would be clean and essentially we had nothing to worry about. Just like they say every year.     The Friends of Peckham Rye Park (I am a member but not on the committee) do attend meetings but feel their hands are tied.  They are never told how much goes back to the park.  They would never see it anyway, but they should do.  They do so much for the park and the Community Garden area is the best most precious place to be for me, which they maintain and work hard at.    And Gala will not stop at asking for more days.  One of the six days they had wanted would have been for us locals - but personally why should I go for free to a festival which puts on music I can hear from my flat?  I don't want to give them any time of day or night.   And yes, suggestions that the festival be had on the common were knocked back even by Southwark Events Team (who are just as responsible for this, for letting them get away with this) ([email protected]) because Peckham Rye Common has no tree surrounding to buffer noise, and being smack in the middle of that triangle it would cause more harm because of the traffic.  I would beg everyone who is posting against Gala, please please get your complaints in now, and let's all physically go to the meetings next year.  The ones this year were quite well attended at the Clockhouse.   Sorry to go on but the sight of the site now is really upsetting and is exactly what Gala said would NOT be allowed to happen.
    • The fuel pipe for my minibus (parked just off Underhill Rd) got cut into and all the fuel drained two weeks ago. Took it to the garage to have the part replaced and hoped the thieves were chancers. This morning I've come to find the fuel pipe was cut into again and all fuel drained.  A bit at a loss now as there is no other vandalism or damage to my bus to suggest it is being targeted. All the neighbours cars down the road seem to be fine. Has anyone else in East Dulwich experienced fuel theft recently?  
    • So either house owners are fly tipping, or businesses are fly tipping.  No excuse for either.  I pay for my bulky waste to be disposed of by a licensed company.
    • It is something that has been raised in meetings with Gala organisers and it is claimed that the Common is not a large enough site. At least that was reported by someone who had attended one of the recent meetings with Gala, where issues were raised. If this rings a bell with any of our more informed posters, maybe they can remind us of the detail. I think the person either posted on this forum or it was raised in a recorded meeting with Gala, that I listened to. Sorry, cannot recall exactly. A further reason given, historically, is that there are not enough trees to act as sound buffers on the Common- I can imagine that is true. Have Friends of Peckham Rye commented yet? What about Cllr Renata Hamvas?      
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In