Camping somewhere hot

Goodliz

Hello

Does anyone have any recommendations for a week or so of camping - well not quite camping - one of those static caravans/ chalet type things will be fine.

Last summer we had a week on a campsite in France and it rained pretty much everyday so I am determined not to go back there.

Does anyone have any recommendations for places with almost guaranteed sunshine that will not break the bank please?

There will be 2 adults and 2 energetic boys age 7 and 4. A good pool with a slide and some sunshine will do the trick!

It will be in the summer holidays.

Thanks, Liz

How far are you prepared to travel? The Spanish pryanees are absolutely beautiful and have the best campsites I've ever seen - many with log cabins. I've been quite often in August and the weather has always been perfect. Could fly cheaply to Girona with Ryanair, I think.

Can't think of specific campsites offhand but will try to remember and let you know.

P

We had a brilliant Eurocamps holiday in NE Italy near Venice last year. The weather was hot! and it was easy to get to Venice for a day trip on a local ferry (about one hour journey). It was slightly odd being without the car but we got a coach from the airport and then used local buses and hired bikes very cheaply. The countryside is very flat in the area with excellent provision for safe cycling alongside the roads. The campsite had a pool, restaurant and shop and it was also next to a huge sandy beach. I think the area is called the Cavallino coast (or something like that) and there are several campsites to choose from.

Hi Liz,

We had a lovely time in the Cilento last summer. It's in Southern Italy, just below the Amalfi coast. Best avoided in late July/August though as it gets very busy. The place we stayed at was Villaggio La Siesta - chalet accommodation, lovely big pool with bar and restaurant next to it, and very close to clean beautiful beach with assigned sun loungers! Website here. You can fly to Naples and then hire a car to drive down there.

EDmummy I lived and used a car in Naples for 4 years so yes I am a very confident driver :)), but I think that if you are used to London driving it is no big deal. If you are taking a hire car from the airport you can avoid the city altogether and I don't think the experience on the motorways is that different from anywhere else in Italy (cars like to get up really close behind you and flash their lights until you move out of the way - very annoying!)