Autumn babies club (due September, October, November 2011)

Hi,

I'm due on Nov 18th at St Thomas' with baby number two (I have a 20 month old girl) and would love to join on July 17th. I'd also like to join the email list. Thanks and looking forward to meeting everyone in 6 weeks or so...

R

Hi everyone!

I'd love to join this group please! I'm due on the 14th of Nov, at King's. It's my first and i'm very excited, but also quite scared!

I can't make your picnic on the 17th (sounds fab) but would love to come to any other meetings/ gatherings you're having. Please add me to the list!

[email protected]

It's so nice to know there's lots of mums (first time and more experienced!) around to ask for help, share advice/ problems, and to eat cake with!

Look forward to meeting you all soon!

Rach

Hi Ladies,

Hope the sickness is now under control? I've just hit the 3rd Tri (yay!) and the nausea is creeping back in (might be the stress of whats to come now that i'm rapidly running out of trimesters!!)

I've now cut down my days at work and have wednesdays and thursdays off so if anyone is around and fancies meeting, let me know. I'm about to start the wednesday morning yoga class at the Dulwich Therpay rooms too - anyone go to that one?

Annie x

Hi all,

I'm due Nov 22nd with my second. Will PM my email address, would love to join in any future meet-ups - unfortunately I can't make July 17th. My son is now 15 months old so slightly nervous about coping with two under two!

Hope you are all feeling well and hopefully meet up with some of you soon!

Hi there,

I also have that slight fear of the two under two effect. My little girl is just about 17 mths. I'm also around on Wednesdays and Thursdays (although not for much longer because we have to move out next month while we have an extension sorted - all being well we should be home a couple of days before due date!!). If you and anyone else who's around fancies a last minute picnic in a local park tomorrow, say aye! Peckham Rye? Dulwich? Somewhere else?

Ta, Eilidh (funny spelling is pronounced Hailey without the H!)

Sorry Eilidh, I've been running around doing yoga / midwife and things today and didn't see your message in time! Although these days-off are supposed to be my down time, I'm out doing bits and pieces all afternoon! I'm around tomorrow though! X

I'd be interested in meeting up in the week with toddler but I work Weds-Fri which doesn't fit in with you Eilidh. I'm a teacher though so off from end of July and then mat leave from end of Sept. Looking forward to 17th!

Can't believe how many of us have joined this thread! Really looking forward to meeting those that can make it on the 17th and big thanks to sunlover for getting us organised. Also would be great to meet up with anyone who's around during the week. We can do most Mon, Tues and weds afternoons. We've been to the new sandpit and waterjets at Brockwell Park which are fantastic for little ones and there's plenty of space for pic nic blankets etc. What about Monday 27th or Wednesday 29th?

If anyone's about, my email is [email protected]

xx

This sounds like a fantastic idea! I went along last week - it was absolutely brilliant. My wee girl had a cracking time in the water and then played about in the sandpit area for ages afterwards - and I particularly enjoyed the picnic part! The Monday works for me too...

argh I can't make the picnic on the 17th...my mum has organised a party for my nana's 80th birthday on the saturday night (oop North). I'll be 34 weeks by then so it would probably be a bit much to come back down for the sunday picnic.

Really gutted as I was hoping to meet some other local mums before I head off on maternity leave!!

If anyone fancies meeting mid-week let me know. xx

Hi All

I am due 5th Nov with my first and would love to be added to the mailing list (will PM my email address).

Really up for meeting up but have a mass of weddings over the coming months so wont be able to make 17th... hopefully the next one.

Speaking of weddings, does anyone have a good suggestion for where to buy a nice maternity dress to wear to them? I thought I had a dress that would last but trying it on tonight it seems the bump is already too big!!

Look forward to meeting you all soon,

Zoe

I am also up for meeting other moms during the week, albeit from next month. Will be off on Wednesdays and Fridays. This is my first, so don't have a little one to take along to water park as yet... But will also definitely be coming on 17th.

Zoe - Tiffany Rose has lovely dresses. They are a bit on the expensive side of things but super comfortable and stunning. You might be able to bid for one on ebay...

I bought a dress by 'Butter by Nadia' in Questionnaire in Dulwich Village for a wedding pre pregnancy - it was quite dear but this amazing design which means you can wear it in about 100 different styles - anyway, it's one size and have recently worn it to a wedding with bump, with success! Might be worth it if you want something you would wear again post baby? I also in my last pregnancy had a million weddings and bought a Ghost dress which was short with an empire line, it even coped with a 7 mth bump and being a non maternity dress I've worn it between pregnancies too.

I can't now come to the water park because my son has a hearing test in town now that day, but wd def be up for meeting another time and will come on 17th.

Check out www.lushmummy.co.uk. They're based in East Dulwich and will drop off your order or you can pick it up. They have some lovel dresses, all unsized and suitable for post pregnancy too, some even have discreet breastfeeding openings. I'm really happy with mine!

I have a Topshop Maternity Dress you're welcome to borrow, I only wore it once to a wedding last time I was pregnant. It's a pink, floral pattern, size 10.

Thanks for all the fab suggestions ladies... and for your offer Crystal - unfortunately I am less of a size 10 and more like a size 14/16!!

I trawled all the websites and in the end found a purple dress in Pretty pregnant which i think will do the job, just need to try it on again with all the accessories etc. First wedding is in Malta so will be nice to get some sun, if only for a weekend!

Hope you are all well and having a great weekend

Zoe