Autumn babies club (due September, October, November 2011)

2nd August works for me. There is a talk about waterbirths that day at Kings at 6:30 so may go hear what its all about but then can come join you.

Lucy, drinks on you on the 2nd :) no idea who paid. sorry.

xx

Just thought i'd let everyone know that Kings run a free "Expectant Fathers" course - Think its along the lines of a standard antenatal class but tailored to men. Here's some blurb they sent to me:

What are the courses aims? To build new fathers confidence generally, but particularly in terms

of their role, their skills and their ability to support their partner and

baby To increase information, so that new fathers engage more actively

in the pregnancy and understand that they have an important role

to play To support fathers to learn the practical skills they will need with

their babies, to enable them to be competent and confident fathers

http://www.workingwithmen.org

My partner hasnt attended this yet so can't give any feedback I'm afriad. I've heard the funding to run this course is being cut after/from Sept. We're also attendign NCT next month! Phew - its a busy time.

Best email [email protected] if you're interested.

megano Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> 2nd August works for me. There is a talk about

> waterbirths that day at Kings at 6:30 so may go

> hear what its all about but then can come join

> you.

>

> Lucy, drinks on you on the 2nd :) no idea who

> paid. sorry.

>

> xx

Oh, Megan I was thinking of going to that too. Might see you there!

Hi all

Here are some links to some free things going at the moment.. Not sure with the last two if you have to go the website and register for your own voucher as my OH had already done it for me.. There is a Lloyds on northcross so I thought super handy x

http://www.silderm.com/Free_Sample.aspx

http://www.emmasdiary.co.uk/argosvoucher/Emmas_pdf_mum.pdf

http://www.emmasdiary.co.uk/argosvoucher/Emmas_pdf_family.pdf

just found the link to register for the last two

https://www.emmasdiary.co.uk/register.aspx?&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Brand_-_Sitelinks&utm_adgroup=%5BEmma's_Diary%5D_-_Exact&utm_term=emma's+diary+exact+sitelink1&gclid=CMLbucKMkqoCFYEo3wod1HouzA

its a bit hard to see but basically when you register with that emma's diary when it takes you to your own personal home page there is a small link saying 'claim gift bag' and that will give you your vouchers x

Strawbs Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> just found the link to register for the last two

>

> https://www.emmasdiary.co.uk/register.aspx?&utm_so

> urce=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Brand_-_Si

> telinks&utm_adgroup=%5BEmma's_Diary%5D_-_Exact&utm

> _term=emma's+diary+exact+sitelink1&gclid=CMLbucKMk

> qoCFYEo3wod1HouzA

>

>

> its a bit hard to see but basically when you

> register with that emma's diary when it takes you

> to your own personal home page there is a small

> link saying 'claim gift bag' and that will give

> you your vouchers x

Im all signed up now.... Thanks Stawbs!

Hello all expectant mummies,

Just wondering if any of you are doing any pregnancy yoga in ED, or anything along those lines. I'm hoping it might help with my awful hips!

Hope you're all enjoying your meet ups and am hoping to make one soon, enjoy your bumps!

Rach

Hi there

I am a mum on the forum, expecting my second baby. I am actually due in December, so that's clearly not the reason for writing on the Autumn Babies Club.

But I thought I'd mention that I am teaching pregnancy and postnatal (mum and baby) yoga classes in Camberwell. See details below.

If anyone is interested in getting together to know each other and also do a session, I am really happy to try and accomodate a day and time that suits you.

I am mostly free on Thursdays and Fridays during the day. In the evenings, I could do most evenings at 6/6.30 but later only on Mon, Wed and Friday. Or Saturday morning.

Otherwise current classes are PREGNANCY Tuesday 18.15-19.15 + Friday 18- 19 + Saturday 9.30-10.30 / POSTNATAL Thursday 11-12 am.

Let me know.

Pregnancy classes are designed to keep you fit, mobile and energised so that you feel more comfortable within your skin while your body undergoes an amazing transformation. With active exercises we keep the body strong and supple to facilitate labour and aid recovery after birth and we relieve minor ailments common during pregnancy. We also work on the breath to connect you with your growing bump, aid relaxation, give you confidence to relieve pain, facilitate delivery during labour and nurture your emotional well-being.

Postnatal classes focus mainly on the needs of new mums who don't have many opportunities to look after themselves. So, while there might be songs and movements for little ones, we will concentrate on postnatal recovery by rebalancing your body, replenishing your energies, and working on those areas that undergo particular strain during pregnancy, labour and looking after a newborn - 'feeding hunch', back pain, etc. Breathing and relaxation nurture you and help you ride the roller-coaster of mothering which is equally full of love, fun and joy as it is demanding, tiring, and emotional. Yoga provides a positive approach to the prevention and management of these emotions, enabling you to respond with more confidence and grace to the physical and emotional demands of mothering as well as to help you feel more in harmony and at peace.

I offer these classes at home, so they are small with a maximum of 6 participants. This allows me, as a teacher, to offer more dedicated attention and guidance to each student, and offers students a comfortable and safe environment where to share this most wonderful experience of pregnancy and motherhood with each other, thus creating a supportive community. At the end of each session, we spend a few minutes having tea and chatting, unless you need to rush off somewhere.

Classes are held in Camberwell, very near the swimming pool and cost ?7. Because of the limited number of places, please contact me in advance if you want to attend.

For more information, please visit my website www.barbaramella.com

Telephone number 0794 1045004 Email [email protected]

Dear Autumn Babies Club,

I wonder if one of you might be interested in helping me with this. I am a psychotherapist and I am starting an Infant Observation study course at The Tavistock Centre for Couple Relationships as part of my continuing professional development. I am looking for an expectant mother whose baby is due late September or early October and who might be interested in having her new baby observed once a week in the home environment. This is meant to be an observation of the new baby's emotional, social and intellectual development from the earliest stages of life to about 9 to 12 months of age. It would mean that I would need to visit your home for an hour at a time that suits you and unobtrusively observe the baby and its interactions. It is a but of a commitment but it can also be a rewarding experience for all concerned.

If you think you might be interested or would like to know further details, please PM me and I will call you for a chat.

Thank you very much for your help.

Christina

Grotty, we will be meeting at The Actress tomorrow at 7.30 - I think people were hoping to have some food there this time.

Jules, I do not see how bringing men/partners along is going to interfere with us getting to know each other. After all partners are part of the deal of us having babies. I believe that the dads/partners are intending to keep up their separate meetings every couple of weeks and I don't feel that they should be excluded from coming along to join 'ours' on the Tuesdays where they are not having their exclusive meetings...

See you all tomorrow!