toddler group at plough

kerryb

Is it still definitely running? I emailed the organisers a while back but never received a reply, and haven't heard it mentioned over the last few months....

I know there have been quite a few threads recently with regards classes and activities for babies and toddlers in the area but I am still seriously struggling to fill our time (I have a 2.5 year old and a 9 month old). We have done most of the classes at some time or another but the 2.5 year old doesn't seem to enjoy them anymore and most of them are only 30 - 45 minutes long which just isn't enough!

I tried to attend the Goose Green playgroup this morning. I arrived at 10.05am to find that it was full - spoke to the organiser and she said that people queue from 9am (?!) to get in. I'm not sure I can queue for an hour with a screaming toddler and baby every week?!

It's so frustrating! All my NCT friends have gone back to work and it's just so hard to meet people! Moan/rant over!

Kiyoaki,

If you haven't already been (or even if you have!) you and your two little ones would be most welcome in my drop in music classes! They meet for an hour, afternoons on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays as well as Saturday mornings so lots of time filling :) ! Here are details:

Bea's Baby Bop

Drop in music classes for babies and toddlers

Tuesdays/Wednesdays/Fridays 3:30-4:30 pm

Saturdays 10:30-11:30

Family Natural Health centre above Soup Dragon

106 Lordship Lane, East Dulwich

?5, any additional siblings pay half price

drop in (no need to book beforehand)

http://www.fnhc.co.uk/beasbabybop.htm

Kimmy also has about 45 minutes of stay and play time after her music class tippee toes Monday and Thursday mornings which I hear great reviews for so that might be something you'd like to try as well especially if you're after something longer? Details are on her website below.

[www.tippeetoes.co.uk]

All the best,

Bea

xx

kiyoaki Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Is it still definitely running? I emailed the

> organisers a while back but never received a

> reply, and haven't heard it mentioned over the

> last few months....

>

> I know there have been quite a few threads

> recently with regards classes and activities for

> babies and toddlers in the area but I am still

> seriously struggling to fill our time (I have a

> 2.5 year old and a 9 month old). We have done

> most of the classes at some time or another but

> the 2.5 year old doesn't seem to enjoy them

> anymore and most of them are only 30 - 45 minutes

> long which just isn't enough!

>

> I tried to attend the Goose Green playgroup this

> morning. I arrived at 10.05am to find that it was

> full - spoke to the organiser and she said that

> people queue from 9am (?!) to get in. I'm not

> sure I can queue for an hour with a screaming

> toddler and baby every week?!

>

> It's so frustrating! All my NCT friends have gone

> back to work and it's just so hard to meet people!

> Moan/rant over!

Do you drive? CP One O clock club is good and lasts several hours (not free though)

I have 2 x 2y 11m and a 3m old and am up for meetin g up, still on maternity leave and will be free Weds-Fri after easter

We used to go to the Plough when little sparkle was a baby, was a nice place to hang out then. They still, I think, have a box of toys there are seem pretty happy to have mums and little ones in, and on a Friday afternoon I don't htink it's that busy, so I'm sure a bunch of us could meet informally there even if the 'official' group isn't running. Although I'm not sure how many running toddlers could fit in there before it got too much.

We'd be up for meeting there to see how it goes, or the park if the weather is good.

Hi guys,

Just looked in on here... the official baby group just kind of stopped happening. I believe the mums who organised it had there little ones grow up or maybe returned to work... don't really know. If anyone would like to talk to us about arranging things, we would be interested to hear from you.

Gavin @ The Plough

My son (16 months old ) goes every tuesday morning (from 9.45am) at St Barnabas (in Dulwich village) to a toddler group with his nanny. Its 2 pounds for one hour and a half.She prefers now going there rather to the music lesson after, because he's at a step where he's looking to play with other children and not only dancing and listenning music.She said to me that it's a good place for toddlers.

I also often go with him at the music group at Dulwich library,on Wednesday morning (from 11.00 to 11.30). The women who sing there are really nice but it's really very busy (too much in fact). So you have to arrive at least 20min before it start.

I'm also looking for activities when i'm alone with my son because now he needs to play with others children. So if you have ideas for activities on afternoon, i would be interested.If the Plough develop again the baby/toddler group i would enjoy to participate sometimes. I'm looking for something to do some Monday and every wednesday afternoon in Dulwich.(Near Dulwich village/lordshiplane would be great because we live between thess two places)

Apologise for the mistake in my english writting,i'm not english (but French) and not fluent yet...

last time i popped into the plough a few weeks ago i was told parents with children were only allowed on one side now, the side with the steps down to the lower bit so not ideal! Normally i like to sit quietly on the otherside but is difficult to pursuade a toddler that they cant go up and down the steps. Incidently i was about the only person in there which made it a little strange being told i was confined. Gavin any more info on this strange new rule?