Unhappy with a haircut

jamesm

LOL @ the pictures....

jamesm..... just go back and ask them to cut in to it, often a mistake made by lesser experienced staff not recognising the fact u need it done! its all down to the consultation...but also your responsibility to make sure the stylist knows you wanted it thinned out.... currently thickness and texture is "very in" but of course its an individual taste also....

but im sure they will have no problems doing it for you, and actually pherhaps give the stylist that cut it the opportunity to actually finish or correct it as it may have just been bad communication not the skill.....

MSB: "I've often made the same mistake myself. As a rule, if they're available for a walk-in appointment, it's not a good sign."..... THAT IS VERY INCORRECT..... very often a stylist might be new to a salon no matter their level they will be available for walk in appointments........ salons these days are not fully booked and walkin appointments are readily available it has nothing to do with being a bad sign..... i myself am a top stylist working for the british hairdresser of the yr and i have usually have a quarter of a day free i am available for walk in appointments..... its how you build up a clientel......

MICKMAC...... there is a difference between a hairdresser and a barber..... clippers being the obvious....

but...... if u want a simple short back and sides, a flat top or an all over grade or indeed a skin fade a barbers is ur best bet....

hairdressers are more fashion orientated and more about layers, shape, personalisiation, suitability, fashion etc etc, alot more complex and usually if you go to a barber for a fashionable cut and go toa "good hairdresser" you will notice the difference.... and thats not to put barbers down because they are blooming good at what they do, its just there is quite a difference in the service and product u recieve.....

p.s.... i do mens for ?20 and come to u after 8pm

Probably best Ms B, there's too many chancers in the game these days, I remember when all barbers were time-served men with bay rum in their veins, a way with a racing tip and the knack of getting your somethings for the weekend in your pocket in a crowded shop that didn't leave the more naive men about town crimson-faced and squirming.

Proper they was.

Hi to all, this is my first post and sorry to it may come across as a bit of a moan but i feel i must stand up here for my profession as 'untamedstylist' for the second time has, i believe degraded barbers and the art of cutting mens hair.

Firstly untamedstylist answer to jamesm and MSB post are 100% correct, but then to Mick Macs post he states

"there is a difference between a hairdresser and a barber

...clippers being the obvious...but if you want a simple short back and sides, a flat top or an all over grade, or indeed a skin fade a barbers is your best bet."

Mick Mac recommended us and this was your reply.

You seem to imply barbers can only use clippers and just do short back and sides and more so Barry Road Barbers as you directly answered Mick Macs recomendation.

You also make it sound like that any man who goes to a barbers is not fashionable.

There seems no doubt your a talented hairdresser from reading this forum but you seem out of touch with modern day barbering. Yes we do short back and sides in my shop ( which is a lot more technical than a lot of womens cuts) and a lot of my clients have longer hair, and as you call them, fashion cuts. Barbers are trained in all aspects or hair lengths and styles.

How dare you say hairdressers are more fashion orientated and more about layers, shape, personalisation, suitably and fashion etc etc than barbers.

Barbers dont just shave hair of everyone that comes through the door, we take all of this into consideration as well, otherwise there would be no repeat cusromers which is vital to my shop as we dont rely soley on passing trade.

And we do use top branded products(but untamedstylist reckons barbers use cheap muck)

It sounds to me that jamesm (i may be wrong) went to a hairdressers where he/she was not happy and you have a pop at barbers, then you as a hairdresser, plug yourself at the bottom of your post, (p.s... i do mens for ?20 and come to you after 8pm) well now its my time for a plug.

To all Gents and Boys out there:, Barry Road Barbers is a small shop on Barry Rd.

where we pay rent, rates, taxes, wages etc

Walk in at your own pleasure, sit in the comfort of a barbers chair, have a free beer, tea or coffee whilst having your hair styled. We are fully trained in all aspects of gents hair from traditional, to mordern up-to-date trends.

So anyone wanting to try us i am offering 25% off our services (Tues. to Fri.)until the end of May for first time clients only. Just mention East Dulwich Forum to recieve this offer.Then no likey no come backey.

barry road barbers: i think u may have over read my reply there and not read from the angle i was coming from......

im very sorry if i offended u as it was'nt my intention and certainly didnt mention any barber shops let alone put any down! i was reffering to them in general as per mine and everyone else i knows experiences..... ive only ever come across one barber who pleased my needs and he now works with me and was retrained adding his barbering skills to his hairdressing and he is phenominal.... but all his creativity and blending skills came from barbering so i certainly would never bad mouth a barber which is why i also said "they are blooming good at there job" but pherhaps my description in the difference between a barber and a hairdresser was a little outdated and was only my own personal view from my experience from going to barber shops.....

my reply was aimed at mic macks " dont go to a stylist unless u is a gal" implying that stylist's "hairdressers" only do girls hair or did you not read that part? it was nothing to do with barber shops nor barry road barbers i was simply replying to what he'd said about stylist's "hairdressers" also the product part was reffering to the end product "result" not actual product used........ i actually think barbers use better products for men than most hairdressers do my favourite being fudge and bed head......

i know theres lots of bad reviews from hairdressers too as i know theres too many bad ones probably more than barbers, but you seem to be a very well respected and sought after barbers in the area...

i appologies my offensive difference explanation

Thing is..

There's barbers and there's barbers. Sean & Oz at BRB are a lords of their art, so rightly he's a bit indignant at the generalised flick off from the untamedstylist fellow.

I'll put my hat in the ring here; Sean cuts my eldest & Oz cuts the youngest of my sons hair. Proper fussy my boys are ,so it took a while to find technically excellent cutters like these two however, we're well pleased. BUT I did meet some shockers in both barber/stylist camps along the way.

And I do mean shockers, how I didn't knock this one guy clean out I don't know ( I had a new frock on see. ) Anyway, in a service based business; your reputation precedes you & you're only as good as your last job.

So each to their own but if you want a mans haircut jamesb, then you'll need to man up some yourself.

" Next..."

* files nails & turns the music up *

Nette.