child care costs

I'm looking for advice on child care costs. I am looking for three full days of child care per week and have no idea what this may cost. I am wondering what the cost difference is between a nursery, child minder and a nanny? Also what others feel about the different options, which one you feel are better for a 1 year olds development.

I don't think nursery's so bad if it's 3 full days a week. Try and clump them together. There are normally very long waiting lists for the good nurseries though. Cheapest option is a childminder and there are some truly lovely ones out there.

Fuschia Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> if you or partner atre higher rate taxpayers, sign

> up to your employers voucher scheme before april

> 5th,, very important!!!!

Agree, you will save quite a bit no matter what childcare you go for, as its getting cut by almost half for high rate tax payers.

I used a childminder until they were 2 then took them to nursery. I think its a bit over 1,000 for under ones and about 900 for one and 2 full time per month. Child minder was 4.50 an hour if i remember correctly.

We pay ?730 per month for a 3 day a week nursery. My daughter started at 14 months and after a few initial wobbles she loves it there. For us it was the right choice and and we are really happy with it. When I was looking around I most good childminders were charging ?50 a day and some were requesting that the children bring their own food. Tne nursery works out to ?55 a day and gives my daughter 3 good meals and snacks which for me is good value. I really like the idea of the a nanny share but it was too pricey for us unfortunately. Good luck.