The Royal Mail

PeckhamRose

Really interesting to read people's pov* which is all I asked.

It seems really we all agree the post service is appalling but we don't agree about the work situation. My postie is a gem and again as I said he is burdened with so much work he has no time to deliver sometimes and feels awful about it because he won't get overtime if he does. The comments about the sexism and racism is an interesting one, but is not specifically post office related as you hear these stories in many many areas of working life, the City for example. (Not saying it's good!) As for the temporary/casual workers, again it's not just post office related. We've got young generations of kids/young people who don't necessarily have a work ethic ("oooooooh get her!") and can't read properly, as well as the fact their masters at the PO are burdening them also with so much work they're not able to get around.

Like a lot of you I think we're doomed to face ?1 letter delivery prices and a forever second class service. In NZ there were two companies doing the mail and if you put your letter in the other company's post box it would not get there.

I liken Adam Crozier to Kim Humphreys: eager to make his mark and change things and be seen to be changing things even the things that weren't wrong in the first place.

*pov*** is a TLA**

** TLA is a three letter abbreviation (or two)

*** point of view

Coffee time.