Dulwich Hamlet

• 1 month later...

Would appear that Southwark Council wish to gain access to Greendale now that it has reverted to them. However the developers currently owning the football ground have chosen to make it as difficult as possible for them to gain access. The fenced off & boarded up areas are part of The Football Club footprint and the the fences are presumably there to prevent Southwark Council employees from parking there. Meadow Residential were asked for a statement and this is there response...

GriffDHFC Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> You can pay on the day at the turnstiles or you

> wish to purchase tickets in advance you can do so

> via this link

> https://www.seetickets.com/tour/dulwich-hamlet-sea

> son-2017-2018

> This will be updated ASAP to reflect our next home

> league game against Tonbridge Angels on Saturday

> March 3rd

Thank you! :)

micromacromonkey Wrote:

> Not been following this season at all really, but

> how did Billericay end up with 5 games in hand? In

> fact they have 8 in hand over met police and one

> or two others!

It might be something to do with their ground being waterlogged at times. I think this was why the previous match against DH was postponed.

Billericay have been involved longer in cup competitions (eg FA Trophy) than the rest of the division, which has meant postponements to scheduled league games. They're in the crazy position of playing at least twice a week for the rest of the season (bar two weeks), including games on March 10th, 13th, 15th and 17th. Let's hope injuries and exhaustion derail them :-)

Utterly depressing. Meadow Residential really are the lowest form of pond life. They're not even interested in turning a profit - they clearly want to destroy the football club. I don't want to say "I told you so" but two years ago I made myself very unpopular with the supporters by absolutely rejecting the developers' plans and warning the club that they shouldn't get into bed with these predators. Yes, there were bills that needed paying, but in the long-term, no small football club in London and the southeast has ever benefited from a relationship with predatory property developers.

Please consider donating some money, no matter how small, to the 12th Man fund ? all of which goes to pay for the football club and none of which benefits the ground's owners:

https://www.paypal.me/dhfc12

almost peckham Wrote:

> Hello

>

> can any of the football followers shine a light on

> why some of the ground has been fenced off? Large

> wooden hoardings where the car wash people used to

> park up in their campers and a long run of metal

> security fencing in the road behind the smaller

> stand.

Today I noticed that the footpath through there has had the signage removed too. The blue cycle path signposts are gone and the picture of a bike on the hazard triangle has been erased. There are gates waiting to be closed at each end also (were they there before?). Does anyone know if it is actually a right of way?

Can?t believe even Meadow would be dumb enough to block off a right of way that isn?t even within the footprint of the ground! Most likely the start of the Greendale amelioration works that the fences set up by our property development friends were designed to hinder.

GriffDHFC Wrote:

> Can?t believe even Meadow would be dumb enough to

> block off a right of way that isn?t even within

> the footprint of the ground! Most likely the start

> of the Greendale amelioration works that the

> fences set up by our property development friends

> were designed to hinder.

I think the right of way is only a footpath, not legally anything wider. And yes, the council's immediate plan for the astroturf is to make it safe. Replacing it depends on the ongoing relationship with the club.