Dulwich Hamlet

Why would the club ban booze from outside when it is unable to cope with demand from inside? The beer is fantastic, you just can't get any of it without missing the game.

The new rule will probably reduce attendances and make those that do go consider smuggling.

Or is it the work of one lone complainer or a councillor?

When it was the odd can here and there the club was happy to turn a blind eye as long as people were sensible, brought no breakable glass and cleared up the mess afterwards, Unfortunately it now reached the stage where the amount of drinks being brought may potentially cause a safety hazard and we have to be firm. Alternative arrangements have been in place but within the terms of the club's licence, fans must first purchase tokens from the stand at the far end of the main bar (not the bra itself) which will allow them to pick up drinks from an outside bar located at the Greendale End of the Tommy Jover Stand. As always we're open to suggestions how we may improve matters for supporters so ideas are welcome.

I've read comments suggesting that people were bringing crates of Stella in, but how was that allowed to happen? You can hardly hide a crate in your pocket. Couldn't it be like the cricket where people are allowed to bring x amount (like 2 cans or something)?

I am more than happy to support the club and buy their beer, but not when it means missing half hour of the match to get one pint. The new token system may or may not work, I can see a huge queue in the bar just to get tokens.

And for those that say "can't you go 90 minutes without a drink?", I say "yes I can actually, but I don't really get out that much these days, and when I go to the football it's a social thing and I like to have a couple of beers as part of that".

Can anyone tell us what beers the outdoor bar will be selling? Will there be a common can of lager for the scum (like me), or will it be expensive bottles of craft beers called "The curate's dripping todger" or something equally hilarious?

Either of those would suit me (I buy Heineken usually, but lets be honest, it's cold lager, there's not much in it so long as it's not one of the super gassy Carlsberg / Carling / Fosters types).

But from that photo they had Estrella last time which is good, so long as it's reasonably priced.

I've only been going to the Hamlet this year - though I have been to the majority of home games, and I've seen the waiting times for the bar getting longer and longer.

To me, there's something really simple that could be done to improve the bar situation out of sight, which is to organise the staff better. Right now, the staff do what all staff in pubs do - take individual orders and fulfil them one by one. And don't get me wrong, they do it really well and as fast as they can. But there's a limit to how efficient this can be. Go to any music venue or large sports venue and the system is different - half the staff pulling pints, half of them taking orders. And it's much much faster. Could this system not be tried out to see if it improves things? Even if it was just initially on the "keg half" of the bar...?