Do you have a child starting at Bessemer Grange in September start

Hi has anyone from the herne hill/sunray estate area got children starting school at Bessemer Grange in September? All of my sons nursery friends in this area will be going to a different school. I know it seems a bit premature, but the summer holidays will be here before you know it. We are reasonably new to the area, and having built up a good network of friends and playmates, they are all going to a different school. My son has a history of taking time to settle in, maybe if he saw a few familiar faces, it would make the course a little easier for him.

Thanks Leta, that's good to know. Thing is I cant make Thursdays. The catchment area can widen if it means more people are interested in meeting up? There are probably a few in east dulwich who are going to Bessemer, I'd like to include you too!

By way of reassurance, when my very quiet little boy started school, he didn't know

anyone either, all of his NCT and nursery friends were going to other schools. However

he managed just fine, small children seem to make friends pretty easily and boys somehow rub

along together without being too concerned with having a best friend. (Just my experience of course!)

But obviously a nice idea to know a few friendly faces beforehand.

Hi Bodsier,

we heard yesterday that our son has a place at Bessemer. We live in Peckham so it's quite a distance for us, but I'm off to have a look round tomorrow, it's likely to be the only place we are offered. I'd be happy to meet up if you like, PM me?

My son is in nursery in Bessemer and loves Mrs Osei.She work in nursery and all the children loves her(specialy my son).

My son for the first 2 3 weeks was in bits that a have to leave him there,but after he cant wait to go nursery(mrs Osei helped him a lot and reasured him)

all the best

thank you leta. I've heard she's wonderful. I think i should just stop worrying about this school thing. its no biggy. he's pretty chilled about it. i should use him as an example. Everything will be fine..................