Rant

Duhh

Last night a friend of child no 1 mum collected the friend and left some crisps?

Mr f put them by the bread bin

Children see things left there are throw wobbles so last night I put the crisps in a bag at the back of the cooker out of sight so noone will nag me

Mr f obviously decided for some reason to put them back by the bread bin because I have got up to find all children eating crisps and it's not even 8 am

Grrr

Very true sw

Just wish they would think ahead a little bit and not go round unravelling our sensible precautions!

I am getting a migraine which doesn't help and am home alone with 4 children one of which wants to be settled quietly for a nap while the others pound loudly on the door shrieking 'mummeeee'

Maybe there should be a "rant" section on here for frazzled mothers being driven mad by their loved ones? :))

That way you can get it out of your system but only people willing to shout "amen!" are allowed to comment.

Sorry Sillywoman, that wasn't a slight, you are totally right but sometimes one just needs to be told "It's not you, the situation is completely insane and well done for not being committed yet".

Because let's face it, mummy can't really break out the bottle before supper. Er, right?

Me and Mr B and The B Extended Family are constantly at loggerheads over food issues.

Me: No, he CANNOT have a custard tart.

Mr B et al: Ah, go on.

Me: No!

Seb: *points at tart* Ab cake? (ab is Seb)

Me: UGH.

This happens 3x a week. I may take up heavy drinking when I am no longer pregnant...

Ruth_Baldock Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It's too hot to start, I shouldn't have said

> anything, I'm overtired, and I want ceebeebies and

> my dummy (oh...no...wait)

>

> *retreats*

It's okay, it's okay, sshhhhh, ssshhhhh, there there. I'm not playing today, had enough. You're okay though...... ssshhhh (cue African lullaby and Sleep Sheep wave sounds).

HH, me thinks you should stop trying to quieten peoples comments that you don't like with your 'jokey', 'tongue in cheek' comments. Whether you may find it annoying for people to say 'look at the bigger picture', everyone is entitled to write what they please on here as long as it's not rude or offensive. The Family Room isn't different to any other room in that respect. Controversially sometimes we all need to look at the bigger picture from time to time. You're all very lucky to have found the love of your lives, who provide for you, and you have happy healthy children. I hope that doesn't offend anyone but it's true. I know many many people who would LOVE to have your problems!

Anyway, perhaps one day you will take my advice, unlikely though I'm guessing!

helena handbasket Wrote:

> Ruth_Baldock Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > It's too hot to start, I shouldn't have said

> > anything, I'm overtired, and I want ceebeebies

> and

> > my dummy (oh...no...wait)

> >

> > *retreats*

>

> It's okay, it's okay, sshhhhh, ssshhhhh, there

> there. I'm not playing today, had enough.

> You're okay though...... ssshhhh (cue African

> lullaby and Sleep Sheep wave sounds).

Could have done with the soothing last night, AWFUL insomnia.

Once again I have just had to spend time removing bickering and personal gibes between Helena Handbasket and Zeban. This is a formal warning that behaviour such as this will not be tolerated on this board, and action will have to be taken to restrict your posting abilities if it continues - this would be a shame as I feel you both have good points to add when you're not wasting time arguing with each other.

Thank you for your cooperation.

FRM

Helena Handbasket is cool. Zeban seems cool most of the time, but to be honest, she seems to make a point of targetting HH's posts and it's all rather tiresome.

Perhaps you should both choose to ignore each other (find one of their posts, click on the colon to the left of their user name, next to "posted by", and go fro there).

I agree entirely Otta - I do understand that there is an element of targeting going on, which is unfortunate, but I feel the best course of action by HH is to ignore rather than make any reference to the posts therefore encouraging dialogue to continue.

Let's keep the family room a nice supportive place where discussions can take place in a sensible and respectful manner.

There's no targetting- it's not personal Mrs/Mr Family Room Moderator. I'd respond to anyone who clearly gets very annoyed when others don't agree with them! And I think my points are valid and have had various private messages from people agreeing with me so I'm not alone!

I love it when people say they've had loads of PM's agreeing with them. We'll just take your word for it. I dont think anyone is picking on anyone here, but just let it go, rise above it, and all that jazz.

helena handbasket Wrote:

> Maybe there should be a "rant" section on here for

> frazzled mothers being driven mad by their loved

> ones? :))

>

> That way you can get it out of your system but

> only people willing to shout "amen!" are allowed

> to comment.

>

> Sorry Sillywoman, that wasn't a slight, you are

> totally right but sometimes one just needs to be

> told "It's not you, the situation is completely

> insane and well done for not being committed yet".

>

>

> Because let's face it, mummy can't really break

> out the bottle before supper. Er, right?

Oh, just back & it seems I missed a shedload of 'stuff' happening. Was just going to post to say "OK, Amen HH" :)). I do get where F & co are coming from, & agree that a 'rant' thread could be not only a pressure release but also a source of much empathetic amusement for us.

WoD, I feel your pain. The cleaning cupboard could just be an inspired idea by HelenGV.