Dog attack in Belair Park, 06/12/17 at 1.00pm

hdecruz

My dachshund Ruby was viciously attacked today (Weds 6 Dec) by a white Staffordshire Bull Terrier around 1pm in Belair Park, Dulwich. Ruby has puncture wounds, a severed ear and was bleeding profusely. She is currently at the vets receiving emergency treatment.

The staffy was away from its owner, not on a lead and not wearing a muzzle. When the owner saw, she said "it's just superficial, it'll wipe off", and then walked away quickly in the opposite direction, exiting through the Belair House gate onto Gallery Road.

There were witnesses to the attack, and the owner is described as a white woman in her late 50s/early 60s, quite short with short blonde/light hair. She possibly has another dog too, and has been seen walking around Dulwich Village so is likely to be local.

I would like to give this woman the benefit of the doubt in case she was in shock, and find her so that she can cover the cost of Ruby's veterinary bills and be advised to muzzle her dog and keep it on a lead at all times. This dog is very clearly out of control and aggressive. Ruby was on her lead at the time of the attack, and the staffy then proceeded to attack a Dalmatian.

If you are or know of the woman, please come forward. If you are a local dog owner, please be vigilant when walking your dog in Belair Park, as she has been seen there on numerous occasions.

Asset Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Definitely fits the description of the woman

> mentioned and photographed in another post about

> dog attacks. I see her regularly - she has 2

> white staffies.

> Really awful that she continues to allow her

> dangerous dogs to attack.

Whereabouts do you see her Asset?

Me neither. It's crazy and so dangerous.

The update is that we've had a meeting with the police who are taking it very seriously. They have advised anyone who sees her to call 101 straight away and quote reference 7962 with her whereabouts. The police will attend and confiscate her dog immediately under the dangerous dogs act.

Thanks for everyone's help in this matter, and I really hope we can get this owner held accountable for her irresponsible behaviour (and my massive vets bill paid!).

In answer to the question directed at me:

I have seen her in Dulwich Park, I have seen her on Half Moon Lane and I have seen her walking through the Village. I am aware of her since the other thread about the dog attack so I notice when I see her and the dogs now. I'm often with my dog so take a wide berth.

I've seen her walking through the village and frequently in Dulwich Park, but not for a good few weeks.

I have two small dogs, one of which is a dachshund but thankfully her dog/dogs have always ignored mine.

She should muzzle them, at the very least to save herself the upset of having her dog put to sleep, not to mention the injuries and expense of the other dogs and owners. Madness.

I will, Someone on the other thread said they see her on Half Moon regularly too.

I'm glad the police are taking it seriously. I was under the impression they couldn't do much about it.

My dog got bitten earlier this year in an unprovoked attack, required stitches etc, I got the owner's number and she did cough up so that was ok but I subsequently found out through the doggy telegraph that her dog has bitten other dogs and she still has it off lead and un-muzzled. She acted all shocked at the time and said her dog had never done it before...

The back of the woman in the photo whose dog attacked in Dulwich Park is nothing like the woman that I see who walks 2 white staffies through Dulwich Village and Half Moon Lane. She is much slimmer with shorter and straighter fair hair, she walks very quickly, the dogs must be quite old I have seen them around for years. She is always on her own and always has them on leads, she used to tie them up outside the newsagents in DV when she went in for a paper. Perhaps two women walk two white staffies round the area?

Kathleen Olander Wrote:

> The back of the woman in the photo whose dog

> attacked in Dulwich Park is nothing like the woman

> that I see who walks 2 white staffies through

> Dulwich Village and Half Moon Lane. She is much

> slimmer with shorter and straighter fair hair, she

> walks very quickly, the dogs must be quite old I

> have seen them around for years. She is always on

> her own and always has them on leads, she used to

> tie them up outside the newsagents in DV when she

> went in for a paper. Perhaps two women walk two

> white staffies round the area?

Important point. We're not in Saudi Arabia or mediaeval times (hmmmm or are we) so better to check carefully.

Yes, Not sure I agree with putting posters up of the photo as has been suggested on the other thread, but how many short blond women walk around the area with 2 white staffies?

The picture does look to me like the woman I see though, who now wears a dark blue, padded jacket, is about 5' - 5'2", has shoulder length wavy blond hair, is in her late fifties I would guess and walks 2 white staffies regularly around the area and fits the description of the woman in this Belair incident.

Dohchos Wrote:

> I saw her today with her dogs, I wondered if the

> authorities have caught up with her to have a chat

> about her dog handling

So did you report this sighting, with the incident number, as requested above?

Maybe that might help "the authorities" to"catch up with her"?

Whereas posting on here will do eff all.

That's a bit harsh Sue! Get up on the wrong side of the bed today?

I guess the problem though is that once the police get to a reported sighting she has gone. They will probably have the best chance of finding her when she is in a park, because there at least she is in one location for enough time for the Police to get there. But she could of course be reading this forum too and avoiding that. Let's hope though that something is done before her dogs attack again.